- General improvements
- Updated Parent/Teacher Section
CUTTING SNOWFLAKES and UNFOLDING THE WORLD OF MATH!
Children of all ages love to cut snowflakes and discover the beauty of symmetry. We specifically designed this app to offer children a foundation for learning about symmetry, a key concept in math, science, art and architecture. Our charming, well organized desk is the perfect place to investigate this fascinating topic. Just point and draw on your paper to cut an interesting design.
Snowflake Station encourages children to fold, cut, plan, share, and animate falling snow with their own symmetrical designs. Winter settings and accompanying music add a bit of warmth on the chilliest of days. We have also added butterflies, robots, peacocks, daisies, hearts, stars and more, because exploring symmetry is intriguing and educational throughout the year. This app provides all the fun of classic seasonal crafts and classroom art/math projects, but with none of the mess. Everyday can be a snow day (or a butterfly day) at Snowflake Station.
Like all Mrs. Judd’s Games, there are No advertisements, No requests for payments, and No “freemium” upgrades in Snowflake Station
-CREATION STATION: Choose desired number of folds, and color of paper, as you create your own symmetrical designs that can be continually altered and edited using tools.
-DESK TOOLS: Tape removes unwanted cuts, magnifying glass offers a closer look & saving.
-SAVE: The floppy disc icon not only saves, but creates a route to snowfall, framing or sending.
-TRACE A FLAKE: Select a shape and trace dotted lines for new ideas on symmetrical design.
-MAKE IT SNOW: Select a design to frame, create snowfall, save, or send with Juddly. Scroll through wintery backgrounds, snap a photo, or choose a background from your iPad gallery.
-JUDDLY: When first opening Snowflake Station, adults can choose to follow simple login prompts to set up a safe and secure email route so your child can send you heartfelt messages using Juddly, a one-way system designed for children to share creations with family. Once that set-up is in place, children just press the little Juddly character whenever they want to share.
ESPECIALLY FOR TEACHERS:
Our apps are designed to coordinate with US Common Core State Standards. Work and play with Snowflake Station ties directly to CCSS language listed below:
-(1.G.3) - Partition a shape into four equal shares, describe the shares using the words halves, fourths, and quarters, and use the phrases half of, fourth of, and quarter of. Describe the whole as two of, or four of the shares. Understand for these examples that decomposing into more equal shares creates smaller shares.
-(4.G.3.) - Recognize a line of symmetry for a two-dimensional figure as a line across the figure such that the figure can be folded along the line into matching parts. Identify line-symmetric figures and draw lines of symmetry.
-Snowflake Station is only available for tablet-sized screens due to the beneficial impact this larger size has within the perceptual/motor aspect of this learning task.
-App saves student work that can be reviewed, framed, used as snowfall, or sent to families.
-Snowflake Station is optimal for student collaboration or individualized exploration.
I hope you enjoy Snowflake Station!
About Mrs. Judd's Games: Mrs. Judd, a professional toy/game designer and recently retired early childhood teacher, teams with the talented design team of Synvata LLC to create a unique line of teacher-designed app activities that relate to childhood learning, play, and pretend. Each game is designed to be used on its own, or within a set of enriching tasks children can do at home and school.
- August 08, 2012 Initial release
- September 07, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- September 08, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- September 26, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- September 28, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- October 04, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- October 09, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- October 11, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- October 16, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- October 25, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 23, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 26, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- December 11, 2012 New version 2.0
- December 11, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- December 14, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- December 15, 2012 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- January 19, 2013 New version 2.1
- February 01, 2013 New version 2.2
- April 28, 2013 New version 2.3
- August 01, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- August 31, 2013 New version 2.4
- January 09, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- August 06, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99