148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: A TAXING JOURNEY :: Read Our Full Review >>
Dwarf Quest is a roguelike that strips the genre to its very basics, serving as more of an action game with roguelike rules, but some flaws drag the game down.
What's New* You can now buy extra Battle Cards at altars for 300 gold apiece
* Fixed minotaur / lever bug: should you die in this room, you will spawn outside and can try again
* Added Restart Level option for when you're stuck (shouldn't happen anymore from now on) or want to try again using different tactics
* Improved overall collision detection for all levels
* Bigger collision box for the dwarf, meaning no more misclicks during combat
* Active Battle Card effects are displayed on screen, just below your healthbar
Thank you for your continued support!
App Description"Dwarf Quest is an old school throwback to those epic adventure games of my childhood. If you are a fan of dungeon crawls, this is a must-have game." - AppAdvice.com
"Dwarf Quest offers wonderful simplicity, allowing anyone to pick up and play the game." - iPadClub.nl
"[Combat] feels almost like that of a board game. There is an elegance to its simplicity. The result is an accessible, fast paced battle system that feels almost arcade-y, almost puzzle-y, and never boring. I was quite taken with it." - Gamezebo.com
"Dwarf Quest is a fun, fast adventure game." - iPhoneClub.nl
"Dwarf Quest is a great little gem." - IndieGameMag.com
Do you remember crawling through dungeons in video and board games in the 90's? Dwarf Quest revisits such classic experiences, reimagined for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Play as Morrin Firebeard, proud dwarven warrior. Explore forgotten dungeons, slay terrible monsters and find glorious treasure! Will you be able to survive, and ultimately track down the undead wizard Azar?
* Intuitive touch controls
* Atmospheric graphics
* Fantastic original soundtrack
* Dungeon crawling exploration
* Fast-paced, turn-based combat that plays like a board game
* Battle Cards to boost your skills
* 9 levels including two bossfights
* Universal app (tested on all iPads, iPhone 4S and iPod touch 4)
Prove you are hero enough to beat the Dwarf Quest!
September 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
February 01, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
September 09, 2012 New version 1.1
August 24, 2012 Initial Release