148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: PEACEFUL :: Read Our Full Review >>
An ideal app to ensure that everyone gets ten minutes of peace and tranquility through meditation each day.
What's New- Hundreds of hours of brand new content
- Meditation packs to suit your everyday life covering everything from health, performance and relationships
- New Singles sessions â€“ one off meditations for whatever youâ€™re doing and wherever you are
- Tools & feedback â€“ Buddy up with friends, earn rewards, & track your progress
- Personalised journey â€“ pick your meditation packs and how long youâ€™d like your sessions to last for
Get started today and use our scientifically proven techniques to help you stress less, sleep better, and focus more than ever.
App DescriptionHeadspace is meditation made simple, a way of treating your head right. Using proven meditation and mindfulness techniques weâ€™ll show you how to train your mind for a healthier, happier, more enjoyable life.
How it works
Starting with our free Take10 programme, weâ€™ll teach you the basics of meditation in just 10 minutes a day.
If you enjoy Take10 and want to learn more, then you can choose to continue and get access to hundreds of hours of original meditations, including guided and unguided, ranging from 2 to 60 minutes.
â€śItâ€™s kind of geniusâ€ť Emma Watson
â€śAndy Puddicombe is doing for meditation what Jamie Oliver has done for foodâ€ť The New York Times
What you get
- Free access to Take10, Level 1 of the Foundation Course â€“ learn the basics in 10 x 10 minute meditations
- Personalised progress page to track your stats
- Buddy system for you and your friends to motivate each other in your journeyâ€™s
- Rewards for regular meditation
- Reminders to keep you on track with your practice
- Options for you to continue your journey after Take10, with inspiring packs and one off sessions on a range of topics such stress, happiness and appreciation
- Ability to download sessions for offline use
What our users say
"I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for a product that has so profoundly changed my life. Having such an easy and guided way to meditate has kept me on track for several months now, and the changes are profound and too many to count." â€¨- Brandon, Headspace user
What's more, science is proving the benefits of meditationâ€¦
Research demonstrates that regular meditation can have a physical effect on the brain â€“ actually causing areas associated with learning to grow, and the part generating stress responses to shrink.*
HĂ¶lzel, B. K. et al. (2011). Mindfulness practice leads to increases in regional brain grayâ€¨matter density. Neuroimaging, 191, 36-43.
July 07, 2014 New version 2.0.0
October 08, 2013 New version 1.8.2
September 05, 2013 New version 1.8
March 05, 2013 New version 1.7.1
January 24, 2013 New version 1.7
December 05, 2012 New version 1.6
February 02, 2012 Initial Release