Every word and sentence has an audio recording from native speakers.
Now on a special promotion release sale of $1!!
Build your Chinese vocabulary with the guidance of a Chinese Laoshi.
Chinese Laoshi is a vocabulary building application for learners of Chinese. Through structured, graded lessons and fun but challenging quizzes, learners of all levels can quickly expand their Chinese vocabulary.
Building one's vocabulary is one of the most important and time-consuming aspects of language learning. This is why Chinese Laoshi has been structured into small, bite-sized lessons so you can make quick, recognizable progress without feeling overwhelmed. Your progress will be tracked for you as you make your way through the lessons of the application, and will remember where you are in your studies, testing you only on the words you have learned, and even prioritizing words based on how well you have done on them previously.
The application features a special Review section with seven different quizzes and games to further test yourself and reinforce the words you have learned. Not only can you test yourself on vocabulary, but you can also try your hand at sentence building as well as learning how to use common Chinese particles.
This application has not been developed using free dictionary data available on the web, but rather has been built using quality dictionary data produced by Jack Halpern's CJK Dictionary Institute. Halpern is the editor-in-chief of several Japanese & Chinese dictionaries for learners, which have become standard reference works.
Chinese Laoshi comes loaded with 1181 of the most frequently used Chinese words as selected by a committee of experts on Chinese language education. What's more, each word is accompanied by example sentences, and audio for all the words and example sentences. By concentrating on the most frequent, important words, Chinese Laoshi allows you to focus on exactly the vocabulary you need to learn to start speaking and reading Chinese fast.
* short, 10-word lessons
* 7 different quizzes to test and reinforce learned vocabulary
* audio for all words and example sentences
* pinyin displayed for all Chinese words and example sentences
* searchable index to all vocabulary terms and example sentences contained in the app
- March 05, 2012 Initial release
- March 24, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- April 02, 2012 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $6.99
- May 04, 2012 New version 1.0.2
- May 07, 2012 Price decrease: $6.99 -> FREE!
- May 11, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- September 29, 2012 New version 1.1