App Description**Only compatible with iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
Free for a limited time only.
Chinese Live Dictionary allows you to directly look up Chinese Characters (Hanzi) and words in a printed text. No need to know how to use a printed dictionary, the stroke order or transcription of a character! Simply select it in real-time with the iPhone's camera, and you get a translation as well as a pinyin transcription. Read books and newspapers even though you are still learning and don't know all the characters in it or use it to quickly translate text during your travels in China to better explore its culture!
* Select a single Chinese character with the red square. Try to avoid having parts of other characters in the square.
* Results are better the sharper the picture is - do not get closer with the camera than necessary. Avoid shadows on the text.
* You can resize the red square by dragging the upper right corner if necessary
* Once the program has finished recognizing, one or more characters will appear on the screen. The character most likely to be correct is highlighted in blue. Click other characters to see their translation on the bottom of the screen.
* To continue with the next character, tap anywhere on the screen.
* If several characters recognized in sequence form a phrase/ multi-character word, it will appear on the right side of the screen. Click it for a translation.
* The bottom panel gives a quick translation. To see if more information is available, swipe the bottom panel up.
* Use the four slots below the history to combine characters into phrases. Tap a slot, then tap a character in the history to move it there. If a translation for a combination of characters placed in the slots exists, it will show in the translation window.
January 12, 2012 New version 1.01
January 05, 2012 Initial Release