• Updated for iOS 6
• Andy Warhol takes center stage!
"Definitely some of the best portraits I've seen in some time." – Slash
Warhol and Madonna never looked better. Exquisitely crafted for the new iPad this deluxe coffee-table photo collection (over 80 portraits) looks stunning on the retina screen, and beautiful on previous iPads.
Award-winning photographer Curtis Knapp has taken iconic portraits of some of the most famous people of the modern era. Now, for the first time, a hand-picked selection of his stunning photographs has been compiled in a beautiful 'coffee table app' for the iPad, with a special introduction by actor Steve Buscemi.
'Icons' includes over 80 photo portraits of 50 musicians, actors, artists, filmmakers, and writers including Madonna, Andy Warhol, Tina Turner, Debbie Harry, REM, Lou Reed, Tim Burton, Roy Lichtenstein, Dennis Hopper, and Timothy Leary. The photographs have been personally selected by Curtis Knapp for this application from his archive, and include shots only previously available in limited edition art books and prints, as well as some that have never before been seen in public.
Each photo showcases Knapp's bold, distinctive style, influenced by photographic greats such as Irving Penn and Edward Steichen. Many of the images have been displayed in international exhibitions and collections, and are among the most iconic portraits of celebrities taken over the past 35 years.
The app also features audio recordings of Curtis talking about some of his most famous shoots.
• Specially-designed interface and scrolling system to let the user browse through crisp, high-definition photos smoothly and easily.
• Interactive Contents that previews each photograph and allows navigation straight to your chosen image.
• Bookmarks function for easy access to your favorite photos.
• Audio recordings of Curtis Knapp talking about his shoots with Madonna, Andy Warhol, and the B-52s, recorded exclusively for this application.
• Original bios of each Icon giving key information about their life and works.
Praise for Curtis Knapp's photography:
"The photos make all of them, even the people I've never met, seem like old friends. I can't really explain it, but Curtis captured something personal, simple, and familiar with every shot he took." – Steve Buscemi
"Curtis Knapp is a man of humor, sensitivity and skill. His humor puts his subjects at ease, his sensitivity inspires them and his skill gives them confidence. But something else, beyond these essential talents, gives the spark of genius to Curtis's photographs – empathy." – Jeremy Ayers
"It is almost an effortless style he has, which puts you at ease right away. Yet he is methodical and exacting. Always with a clear vision of his finished print…" – Timothy Leary
"His portraiture is stark and formal, his cool gaze a perfect medium in which his subjects can, and usually do, reveal themselves." – Matthew Rettenmund, author of Encyclopedia Madonnica
- June 18, 2014 Initial release
- September 08, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- October 13, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- November 17, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99