Updated for iOS 8
Sale on all Peek 'n Play Apps until March 6th!!!
The Penelope Rose, Welcome to Monster Island, Rosita y Conchita, Billy the Unicorn, The Furniture is Alive, Chug the Bug, The Gwaii
2012 was the Year of the Dragon! Dominic’s proud parents rule the sea and sky, advise the Emperor, and have high expectations for their son. Meanwhile Dom befriends the boy Bo and the other zodiac animals, who wish to paddle a boat in the village’s annual river race. But when other people and Dom’s parents disapprove, what will Dom do?
Mobad Media transforms Oliver Chin's fantastic children's book into an extraordinary 3D experience for the iPad & iPhone 4.
Praise for the 3D Story App:
• "This is another top notch animated title from Mobad Media, just in time for Chinese New Year! It features scenes that tilt for a 3D effect when the device is moved, lots of interactivity and a story that will engage kids from start to finish. It even includes some great extras, featuring information about the Chinese Zodiac and a series of hidden coins children can find while exploring each page." - 4.5 out of 5 stars - Digital Storytime
• "The Year Of The Dragon is another well done book with beautiful artwork. I love the fact that Mobad Media adds in the word recognition to the pages. The ease of use and beautiful artwork all seem to be a staple in their books and The Year of the Dragon does not disappoint." - AppTudes
• "Celebrating the Chinese new year, this beautiful app tells a tale from the Chinese Zodiac about the Year of the Dragon. Enjoy a cultural immersion while reading and interacting through this sleek interactive 3D book." - Apps4Kids
• "A fun way for those strong and passionate Dragon-year babies (be they children, parents or grandparents) to share a story that embraces their Chinese zodiac characteristics through a beautiful series of illustrations and animations that breathe life into the story." - PadGadget
• "This is a beautifully designed app. The graphics are outstanding, the story is full of ways to interact with the content, and extra features ensure continued use. It's also an excellent tool to introduce children to another culture and inspire additional learning." - Famigo
• "The app is great for young readers, offering word-by-word highlighting, instant playback by tapping on words or phrases, and the ability to either read at your own pace or put the app on autoplay. Kids will be locked in thanks to plenty of interactive games and activities, quality narration, and music made just for the app." - Chip Chicklets
• "The age range for Year of the Dragon is broad, as the youngest app set will adore Dom and the interactive features, and emerging and confident readers will enjoy the storyline, the other Chinese zodiac characters, and the hidden surprises." - dotMomming
• "It is a tale which both honours an ancient culture and appeals to the modern child." - iPad App Reviews
Praise for the hardcover release:
• "Oliver Chin introduces young readers to the characteristics of each zodiac animal through lively stories accompanied by exuberant illustrations." - China Sprout
• "This bright and playful story makes the ancient tradition of the Chinese zodiac accessible to children everywhere." - Paper Tigers
• "Chin continues to creatively reveal the virtues of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac through his series." - BookDads
• "Read To Me" highlights the words to improve reading skills
• "I Can Read" allows reading at your own pace
• Individual words can be tapped and multiple words selected to hear that section of the story played back
• Interactive surprises and hidden objects on every page
• Original music and soothing narration
Mobad Games is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 1-3, 4-7, 8-10, all
Categories: Book, Reading, Sight Words
- October 12, 2014 New version 1.4
- June 10, 2014 Initial release