Enhanced Route Editing
▶ Create a new route by copying an existing route and then editing it.
▶ Combine 2 routes.
▶ Delete an errant track route point.
▶ Insert a gap in a track route.
Your iPhone or WiFi+Cellular iPad can be a high-performance GPS receiver with New Zealand 50K and 250K too maps, or Australia 250K topo maps, even where there is no cell signal! Headed into the wilderness? Buy this app now so you will always know where you are, where you've been, and where you're going. The highest quality track recording, the best route navigation, and the most accurate Estimated Time of Arrival of any available tramping app. No sign up, no ads, no subscription, no in-app purchase required, making this less expensive and higher quality than the “free” apps.
TRACKS, WAYPOINTS & ROUTES
▶ Record a track. View it on the map. Records in the background.
▶ Show an elevation graph of your track or a route with altitude data. View date, time, and average speed of track points.
▶ Mark waypoints using a convenient button on the map screen or by tapping a geotagged photo. Refine a waypoint position when you arrive.
▶ Set a quick “Go To” waypoint or a full route and see the heading, direction, horizontal distance, vertical distance, and Estimated Time of Arrival.
▶ Routes can be built and edited starting with waypoints or a recorded track.
▶ Import and Export GPX waypoint, route & track files via eMail, Messages, Dropbox, Open In, AirDrop or iTunes.
▶ Send KML files to display immediately in GoogleEarth.
▶ GPS+Glonass satellites improve accuracy in challenging terrain with iPhone 4S, iPad mini, iPad 3 and later.
▶ Barometric pressure sensor reduces elevation data noise on iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, and later.
FOREVER-FREE TOPO MAPS
▶ Official Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) 50,000:1 and 250,000:1 scale maps.
▶ Official Geoscience Australia 250,000:1 scale maps. (No smaller scale maps for Australia)
▶ Stitches beautiful high resolution, detailed topo map images for seamless coverage across map boundaries.
▶ Includes map legends.
▶ Store a few maps or maps for an entire country (including NZ off-shore islands) to use anytime in the wilderness without cell service. Maps from our server have a shorter download time, use less of your monthly data allotment, and use less memory on your iOS device.
▶ Print topo maps overlaid with waypoints, routes & tracks. Share topo map images & locations using email, Twitter, Facebook, Messages, Photos, Open In, AirDrop or the Clipboard.
SET IT UP AS YOU LIKE
▶ Kilometers, Miles, or Nautical Miles. Meters or Feet
▶ Degrees, Degrees/Minutes, Degrees/Minutes/Seconds, UTM, or NZTM2000 grid
▶ °True or °Magnetic
▶ Tap “Help” in the App
▶ Online Manual on iHikeGPS.com/nz
▶ Follow on Twitter: @iHikeGPS
▶ Email developer: [email protected]
WHAT OTHERS SAY
▶ "This app saved my life! * * * * *
This app was downloaded, while lost in the Kaimai Ranges. GPS quickly located position, app quickly (ish) downloaded the relevant NZ topo map. From there easily identified position on the map. Outcome, life saved. And my mates who by this stage was getting all girly about it all. Best app ever!!!" - Jk9624 on the UK App Store
● No device requires a cellular data plan to use iHikeGPS NZ.
● Recommended: the iPhone SE, 6S, 6S Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 5s, 5c, 5, & 4S, and the 4th or later generation iPads with WiFi+Cellular support full navigation.
● Usable: the iPhone 4 & 3GS, and the original through 3rd generation iPads support full navigation except for map stitching.
● The iPod touch (Gen 5 or later) and the WiFi-only iPad models require an iOS-compatible external GPS receiver to show your location in the wilderness and to record tracks. View maps using the iOS device alone.
• File sharing via AirDrop & Messages requires iOS 7 or later. AirDrop requires a compatible device.
● Continued Use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Your dream of tramping adventures reaches new heights with iHikeGPS NZ.
- February 02, 2012 New version 3.2
- March 21, 2012 New version 3.3
- June 21, 2012 New version 3.4
- September 21, 2012 New version 3.5
- February 07, 2013 New version 4.0
- April 06, 2013 Price increase: $7.99 -> $8.99
- April 15, 2013 Price decrease: $8.99 -> $6.99
- April 24, 2013 Price increase: $6.99 -> $8.99
- April 30, 2013 Price increase: $8.99 -> $9.99
- May 09, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $8.99
- June 23, 2013 Price decrease: $8.99 -> $7.99
- September 10, 2013 New version 4.1
- February 01, 2014 New version 4.2
- March 31, 2014 New version 4.3
- April 28, 2014 New version 4.4
- May 23, 2014 New version 4.5
- September 14, 2014 New version 4.6
- October 19, 2014 New version 5.0
- November 03, 2014 New version 5.0.2
- January 27, 2015 New version 5.0.3
- May 02, 2015 New version 5.1
- June 09, 2015 New version 5.2
- July 01, 2015 New version 5.2.2
- September 10, 2015 New version 6.0
- October 14, 2015 New version 6.1
- July 11, 2016 New version 6.2.2
- July 15, 2016 New version 6.3