What's New• Stitch Together Maps for Seamless Coverage across Map Boundaries.
• View Date, Time, and Average Speed on the Elevation Graph.
• Show the Estimated Time of Arrival at all Waypoints on a Route.
• Refine the Position of a Waypoint when You Arrive There.
• Choose Individual Track Sections to View on the Elevation Graph.
• Larger Font Sizes on the iPad Increase Readability from a Distance.
• Download the Maps You Need from Wherever You Are in the App.
App DescriptioniHikeGPS NZ makes your iPhone or cellular-capable iPad into a high-performance GPS receiver with New Zealand 50K topo maps, even where there is no cell signal!
NEW ZEALAND TOPO MAPS
✔ Forever-free Land Information New Zealand 50K topo maps, downloaded over WiFi or cell service to your iOS device. Maps from our server have a shorter download time, use less of your monthly data allotment, and take up less memory on your iOS device
✔ Stitch together maps for seamless coverage across map boundaries
✔ Highest resolution, most detailed topo maps available anywhere
✔ Beautiful map images with no blur, no jpeg artifacts
✔ Store a few maps or maps for the entire country to use anytime in the wilderness without cell service
TRACKS, WAYPOINTS & ROUTES
✔ Records your track on the map and shows an elevation graph of your hike. Choose to record a track in the background even when the iOS device is asleep or when using another app
✔ View date, time, and average speed of track points
✔ Mark waypoints using a convenient button on the main map screen
✔ Create a waypoint by tapping a geotagged photo
✔ Set a quick “Go To” waypoint or a full route and see the heading, direction, distance, and Estimated Time of Arrival
✔ Import and Export GPX files of waypoints, routes and tracks via eMail or iTunes
✔ Uses Glonass+GPS satellites for improved accuracy with iPhone 5, 4S, iPad mini, 3rd & 4th gen iPad
SET IT UP THE WAY YOU LIKE
✔ Kilometers, miles, or nautical miles. Meters or Feet
✔ Degrees, Degrees/Minutes, Degrees/Minutes/Seconds, UTM, or NZTM2000
✔ °True or °Magnetic
✔ Tap “Help” for immediate easy-to-follow guides
✔ Online Manual available on our web site
✔ Email developer directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Recommended: the iPhone 5, 4S & 4, and iPad 2 or later with WiFi+Cellular support all functions in iHikeGPS NZ
● Usable: the iPhone 3GS & the original iPad support all functions except map stitching
● The iPod touch and the WiFi-only iPad models require an external GPS receiver to show your location in the wilderness and to record tracks. You can view maps using the iOS device by itself
● Not Supported: the original iPhone, the iPhone 3G, and 1st & 2nd generation iPod touch
● No device requires a cellular data plan to use iHikeGPS NZ
● Continued Use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
Your dream of hiking adventures reaches new heights with iHikeGPS NZ
February 01, 2014 New version 4.2
September 26, 2013 New version 4.1
July 12, 2013 Price Decrease: $8.99 -> $7.99
May 11, 2013 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $8.99
December 22, 2011 Initial Release