What's New• Post locations and topo map images directly to Twitter, Facebook, Messages and email.
• AirDrop sharing of waypoints, routes and tracks in the wilderness with no Internet connection.
• Share GPX files using iMessage and “Open In” other apps.
• Follow @iHikeGPS on Twitter.
App DescriptionMakes your iPhone or cellular-capable iPad into a high-performance GPS receiver with New Zealand 50K topo maps, even where there is no cell signal!
TRACKS, WAYPOINTS & ROUTES
▶ Record a track. View it on the map. Records in the background when using another app or your device is asleep
▶ Show an elevation graph of your track or any route made from a track which includes altitude data
▶ View date, time, and average speed of track points
▶ Mark waypoints using a convenient button on the main map screen. Refine the waypoint position when you arrive
▶ Create a waypoint by tapping a geotagged photo
▶ Set a quick “Go To” waypoint or a full route and see the heading, direction, distance, and Estimated Time of Arrival
▶ AirDrop sharing of waypoints, routes & tracks in the wilderness with no Internet connection.
▶ Import and Export GPX files of waypoints, routes & tracks via eMail, Messages, Dropbox, “Open In” or iTunes
▶ Uses Glonass+GPS satellites for improved accuracy with iPhone 4S, iPad 3, iPad mini and later
NEW ZEALAND TOPO MAPS
▶ Forever-free Land Information New Zealand 50K topo maps, downloaded over WiFi or cell service to your iOS device. Maps from our server have a shorter download time, use less of your monthly data allotment, and use less memory on your iOS device
▶ Stitches maps for seamless scrolling coverage across map boundaries
▶ Highest resolution, most detailed topo maps available anywhere
▶ Beautiful high resolution map images with no blur, no compression artifacts
▶ Store a few maps or maps for the entire country to use anytime in the wilderness without cell service
SET IT UP THE WAY YOU LIKE
▶ Kilometers, Miles, or Nautical Miles. Meters or Feet
▶ Degrees, Degrees/Minutes, Degrees/Minutes/Seconds, UTM, or NZTM2000
▶ °True or °Magnetic
▶ Tap “Help” for immediate easy-to-follow guides
▶ Online Manual available on our web site
▶ Email developer directly: email@example.com
▶ Follow us on Twitter: @iHikeGPS
WHAT OTHERS SAY
▶ "This app saved my life! * * * * *
This app was downloaded, while lost in the Kaimai Ranges. GPS quickly located position, app quickly (ish) downloaded the relevant NZ topo map. From there easily identified position on the map. Outcome, life saved. And my mates who by this stage was getting all girly about it all. Best app ever!!!" - Jk9624 on the UK App Store
● Recommended: the iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4S & 4, and iPad 2 or later with WiFi+Cellular support full navigation.
● Usable: the iPhone 3GS & the original iPad support full navigation except for map stitching
● The iPod touch and the WiFi-only iPad models require an iOS-compatible external GPS receiver to show your location in the wilderness and to record tracks. You can view maps using the iOS device by itself
● No device requires a cellular data plan to use iHikeGPS NZ
● Not Supported: the original iPhone, the iPhone 3G, and 1st & 2nd generation iPod touch
● Continued Use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
Your dream of hiking adventures reaches new heights with iHikeGPS NZ
May 03, 2014 New version 4.4
February 01, 2014 New version 4.2
September 26, 2013 New version 4.1
July 12, 2013 Price Decrease: $8.99 -> $7.99
May 11, 2013 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $8.99
December 22, 2011 Initial Release