Please note: in order to properly support iOS 7, this app now requires iOS 4.3 or higher, as per Apple directives.
- issues with Empire feature use (including United States)
- bug with undoing after playing an event with no valid targets
- properly discard Leader and Weaponry after rolling triple or quadruple
- occasional crash when invading
- rare issue with placing monument due to event invasion
- rare bug tapping "Skip" near the end of playback
- improved iOS 7 support
- minor graphics tweaks
- improved handling of switch from airplane mode to online mode
Please rate the game (again) after updating to this version.
Take a sweeping ride through the history of mankind in the famous board game from Ragnar Brothers!
"4/5: Conquering a country is really cathartic and very intuitive. The app works well and is clean and polished. Very fun… I definitely recommend you pick this one up!" - BoardGameGeek.com
"4/5: Fun … strategy game with bags of historical flavour. Works brilliantly when played asynchronously against other people." - Gamezebo
"... simple and straightforward, which makes it a decent alternative to more in-depth historical sims like Civilization Revolution.” - Slide to Play
Control the decisions of major leaders and conquer the world!
Lead your empire to victory in this turn-based strategy game!
Play as the character of Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan, or Napoleon Bonaparte and command armies through 6 riveting epochs in history, with 42 major empires and 15 minor empires.
Choose from over 40 event cards to enhance replayability and alter the course of history.
All set to an epic soundtrack (or listen to tracks from your own music library) with beautiful graphics and original artwork from the Ragnar Brothers’ board game.
With no setup time required, no pieces to lose, and no arguments about the rules, the future of board games is here and A Brief History of the World gives you exactly what you want -- to play!
- Easy-to-learn and easy-to-play
- Comprehensive tutorial
- Play solo against varying levels of AI
- Enjoy a game with family and friends around the table or as “pass and play”
- Online multiplayer games available for up to 6 players
- Post your scores to Game Center and climb the leaderboards
This Universal app runs on all iOS devices.
Please send us your feedback and requests, and rate the game once you've bought it.
Sage Board Games is an independent software developer, focusing on bringing award-winning and classic board games to mobile devices. With a veritable "who's who" of Euro games already licensed and many popular titles already published, Sage Board Games has become one of the premiere sources of iOS and Android board games.
Visit us: sageboardgames.com
Like us: facebook.com/sageboardgames
Follow us: twitter.com/sageboardgames
Ragnar Brothers have designed a range of popular board games and game rules over the last 20 years and this version of one of their top titles has been fully approved by and developed in cooperation with them.
- June 21, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- December 07, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- November 25, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- July 14, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- June 28, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- April 07, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- April 02, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- December 29, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- December 20, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- December 04, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- December 03, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- December 03, 2013 New version 1.0.2
- November 13, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- November 09, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- November 04, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- August 20, 2013 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $3.99
- August 05, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $5.99
- July 26, 2013 Initial release