• Bug fixes and performance improvements
** RGS members wanting free app access will need to download the separate "Geographical Magazine" app **
Established in 1935, Geographical is the official magazine of the Royal Geographical Society and one of the leading magazines in its field, with stunning photography, great writing and first class design.
- Keep up to date with the world, its people and its places through our news pages and topical features on nature and conservation.
- Explore far-flung cities, towns and villages. Meet their inhabitants and immerse yourself in their culture.
- Discover weird and wonderful wildlife. Learn more of the world around you through insightful features and stunning photography.
- Gain exclusive access to special offers and competitions you won’t find anywhere else.
Whether it’s a professional interest you hold or merely a casual curiosity for the world around you, Geographical will doubtless prove informative, enlightening and inspiring.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive back to September 2006. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£2.99 per month
£24.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
- March 08, 2012 New version 5.3
- August 21, 2012 New version 6.0
- September 13, 2012 New version 6.1
- February 24, 2013 New version 6.6
- March 21, 2013 New version 6.7
- May 29, 2013 New version 7.0
- July 31, 2013 New version 7.2
- September 16, 2013 New version 7.3.0
- October 24, 2013 New version 7.4.1
- June 25, 2014 New version 7.6.3
- October 02, 2014 New version 8.0.1
- December 12, 2014 New version 8.2.4
- January 24, 2015 New version 8.2.7
- March 27, 2015 New version 8.3.0
- September 24, 2015 New version 9.0.1
- November 17, 2016 New version 10.0.0
- December 01, 2016 New version 10.0.1