● Removed ByPlace feature
● Minor bugfixes and performance improvements
TRACTION magazine is the bi-monthly publication which caters solely for those interested in the fascinating development of diesel and electric traction on the railways of the UK.
Within the pages of TRACTION you will find a wide variety of articles written by professional railwaymen, railway historians and enthusiasts. Each issue contains high quality and thought provoking articles, as well as news of heritage traction on both the main and preserved lines.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive back to January 2010. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£2.99 per month
£21.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
- June 08, 2014 Initial release
- June 13, 2014 New version 7.6.3
- October 07, 2014 New version 8.0.1
- December 12, 2014 New version 8.2.4
- March 27, 2015 New version 8.3.0
- October 03, 2015 New version 9.0.1
- July 13, 2016 New version 9.5.5