*** FEATURED BY APPLE in the "NEW AND NOTEWORTHY" section of the iTunes App Store! ***
*** FEATURED BY APPLE in the "WHAT'S HOT" section of the iTunes App Store! ***
*** FEATURED BY APPLE in the "STAFF FAVORITES" section of the iTunes App Store! ***
"Love to Read has a very easy to use interface that lets children freely choose the word they’d like to spell and learn more about. Inspired by hands-on Montessori educational methods, the letter placement combined with the hint feature is well done and helps children to develop a visual memory of words for reading and spelling."
-- Apps for Homeschooling
"With a very simple but effective approach, Love to Read by Pirate Trio provides those just beginning their reading adventure many opportunities of success. "
"I really recommend it. Let your children win in the starting line!"
Love to Read by Pirate Trio is an iPhone and iPad app for children who are just starting their adventure with reading, designed to lead them through the steps of getting to know words and understanding how to apply them.
Inspired by Montessori teaching methods, this app allows your child to play with ‘deconstructing’ words by shaking the iPhone or iPad to scatter the letters. The challenge is to then put the letters back into place so that the word is re-constructed again.
While attempting to put the word together, the app teaches its young users how letters sound individually as well as in fixed combinations such as: sh, ch, th, ph, ck, ai, ee, oo. Learning the relationship between each letter and its sound is believed to be an excellent foundation for fluent reading skills.
Once the word is successfully re-constructed, the app demonstrates the meaning and possible use of that word in a sentence, to expand your child’s vocabulary and general knowledge. In addition to the simultaneous reading and displaying of each sentence, the app allows users to hear individual words when they are touched. The Love to Read by Pirate Trio app enhances memory via visual and audio stimulation, which conforms to the Montessori principle that learning is most effective when it takes place through as many senses possible.
Children using this app do not just learn how to read and write the names of many common and useful items, but also learn where these things belong, what they look like, how they may be used in practice and what their most important features are. Love to Read by Pirate Trio is therefore recommended for home schooling.
Pirate Trio takes children's privacy very seriously:
* we do not collect or share any data
* the app doesn't contain any adds
* the app doesn't contain any in-app purchase
* the app doesn't contain any social media buttons nor social media integration
* the app contains external links
- December 17, 2011 Initial release
- December 22, 2011 New version 1.0.1
- January 03, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- January 04, 2012 New version 1.0.2
- January 08, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- January 18, 2012 New version 1.0.3
- February 29, 2012 New version 1.0.4
- March 01, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- March 02, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- March 16, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- March 17, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- October 21, 2012 New version 1.0.5
- November 26, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- November 27, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- August 01, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- August 04, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- October 07, 2013 New version 1.0.6
- September 13, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- September 14, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- May 23, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99