What's New- New content: Emerging Infectious Diseases (EID) Journal
- Added the ability to refresh content on-demand
- Improved the update process for the Disease of the Week feature
- Made alerts about content update errors less intrusive
- Other miscellaneous enhancements and bug fixes
App DescriptionThe CDC iPad application has been designed as a way for users to access health information at their fingertips. It features important health articles, disease of the week, popular journals, timely updates and access to social media to coincide with important health concerns and events throughout the year. It gives an increasingly mobile public 24/7 access to important and timely health information that people can use to protect their lives and loved ones.
Check out these features:
* Timely news articles to help you improve your health.
* Each week there is a new "Disease of the Week" topic that includes: key facts, prevention tips, images, videos, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge.
* Recent articles from CDC’s Vital Signs.
* Journal articles from CDC’s Preventing Chronic Disease Journal and Emerging Infectious Diseases Journal.
* Reports from CDC’s weekly Morbidity and Mortality Reports.
* Press releases from CDC’s news room.
* Access to CDC’s podcasts, blogs, and social media.
* A multitude of images from CDC’s Public Health Image library.
* “Did You Know” features to inform your prevention activities.
* When your device is connected to the Internet, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information.
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
April 18, 2013 New version 1.5
March 23, 2013 New version 1.4
September 26, 2012 New version 1.3
June 28, 2012 New version 1.2
April 04, 2012 New version 1.1.1
March 14, 2012 New version 1.1
December 13, 2011 Initial Release