Support for iOS 6.
Performance enhancements and improvements.
Sparky is a friendly shark who does not understand why he scares people. Using a water breathing helmet Sparky ventures out of the ocean and onto land in search of friendship and acceptance. Follow Sparky and his penguin pal Dax on their belly-laughing adventure to find Sparky a new 'look'.
***** "Unlikely friends Sparky and Dax both entertain and deliver a message disguised by humor and fun." - KIRKUS REVIEW
Sparky the Shark isn't only a storybook for entertainment, it is a tool parents can use to help their children understand social pressures they may feel. The story has an important message regarding self acceptance, self belief and the desire for acceptance.
- Fun & upbeat story with an important message for children
- 33 pages filled with laughs, interactivity, hidden sounds & animation & beautiful illustrations
- Interactivity to engage your child and make them feel part of the adventure
- Over 90 interactive hidden animations & sound hot spots
- Optional READ TO ME voice over narration for the younger reader or for bedtime story
- A story your child will read over & over again
- Interactive 'Disguises Fun Activity Page' where children the opportunity to dress Sparky in goofy teeth, hats, & boggle eyes. Includes a TAKE PHOTO ability to allow your child to save their creation.
SOCIAL LESSONS FOR KIDS
- Creating characters children can relate to ensures the story is fun, light hearted & enjoyable.
- A story that follows a journey of self discovery, self belief & the desire for acceptance.
- Using humour as an anchor, these social lessons are communicated in a fun way.
Don't read this part if you're looking for a surprise.
This story is a lovely example of self discovery and the yearning desire for acceptance and understanding. Sparky and his friend Dax don't understand why people are afraid of Sparky. Sparky desperately wants is to go to the Sand Sculpture competition and not ruin it for everyone. So they embark on an adventure to change particular aspects of Sparky's appearance. They visit 3 funny locations where Sparky tries changing his teeth, covering his fin and finally disguising himself by wearing a costume. But every time Sparky tries to change his appearance, it doesn't work. Instead he looks hilarious or absurd and they end up laughing so hard, they fall to the floor. He asks his wise old Grandpa for advise. In the end, Sparky proves to himself and everyone else, that he is a good shark and he just had to be himself. Grandpa was right and Sparky is a hero.
****"What a brilliant book. Great story with a powerful message. Sensational illustrations, with really fun interactivity. Lots of surprises. Highly recommended for those with kids, nieces, nephews, friends' kids, or face it ... for any kid at heart"
**** Love it!
"My kids just loved this app. The illustrations are so colourful, full of life, detailed, vibrant and fun. The musical background made the story come to life, and with the ability to read by yourself or with a narrator made the story all the more interesting. Fantastic animation and interactivity to keep the kids engaged with over 30 pages to engage in.
NOTE: Not recommended for older 3G & 3Gs iPhones!!!!
FOLLOW SPARKY & HIS FRIENDS
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sparkytheshark
- June 15, 2014 Initial release