148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: PURE :: Read Our Full Review >>
An ideal authoring app for those that need both plain text writing functionality and markdown facilities.
What's New- Updates TextExpander to latest version
App Description**Improved for iOS 7**
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Search for text inside all your documents
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Premium feature: Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram and Evernote
# Blog publishing — Premium only[^1]
Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram blogs and Evernote notebooks from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm title, tags, categories, etc.
[^1]: Requires a one-time in-app purchase for all your iOS devices. Premium on Mac requires a separate one-time purchase.
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
January 01, 2014 New version 2.1.3
November 19, 2013 New version 2.1.2
October 09, 2013 New version 2.1.1
September 18, 2013 New version 2.1
September 01, 2013 New version 2.0.3
June 10, 2013 New version 2.0.1
March 10, 2012 Initial Release