• Minor App enhancements
Take pics of your W-2s, do your taxes, and file – from wherever life takes you. Our step-by-step process makes tax prep easy, and your info is always secure. Plus, you can switch between your phone, tablet, and computer – and back again! And, if you ever have questions, you can get free, unlimited tax advice from our tax pros.
When you’re finished, e-file your return with confidence, knowing you’ll get your maximum refund – guaranteed – and our secure encryption technology will keep your personal and financial details safe.
• New, lightning-fast W-2 photo capture – just take a pic of your W-2 with your device’s camera, and we’ll import the details automatically!
• Privacy and security – with multi-level authentication and encryption technology that keeps your personal and financial info safe and secure.
• Versatility – whether you’re a Free Edition, Basic, Deluxe, or Premium customer, you’ll use the right program for your personal tax situation
• Refund Reveal – in-depth analysis that shows you what causes your refund to go up or down while you prepare your return
• Status updates – automatic notification of IRS acceptance of your federal return at home or on the go
• Free In-person Audit Support – Only H&R Block provides this level of support, which includes a tax pro to represent you in the event of an audit… for FREE*
• Return history – enjoy 24/7, instant online access to prior-year returns for Basic, Deluxe, and Premium clients
• The H&R Block Difference – you always have access to FREE, unlimited advice from our tax experts
• 100% Accuracy Guarantee - We stand by our calculations and guarantee that your return is 100% accurate, or we’ll reimburse you for any IRS penalties you paid.**
• Maximum Refund Guarantee – Nobody gets you more money back than Block – guaranteed. We work hard to find every deduction and credit you qualify for, so you get your maximum refund. And, no one can get your refund faster!***
* Free In-person Audit Support is available only for clients who purchase and use H&R Block tax software or online tax solutions to prepare and successfully file their 2014 individual income tax return (federal or state). It does not provide for reimbursement of any taxes, penalties, or interest imposed by taxing authorities and does not include legal representation. Additional terms and restrictions apply; See www.hrblock.com for complete details.
** If the online tax preparation or tax software makes an arithmetic error that results in your payment of a penalty and/or interest to the IRS that you would otherwise not have been required to pay, H&R Block will reimburse you up to a maximum of $10,000. Terms and conditions apply; see www.hrblock.com for details.
*** If you find another online tax preparation method that results in a larger refund (or smaller liability) than that calculated by the H&R Block online tax program, we will refund the fees you paid us to use our online tax program to prepare that return and you may use our program to amend your return at no additional charge. To qualify, the larger refund or smaller tax liability must not be due to differences in data supplied by you, your choice not to claim a deduction or credit, or positions taken on your return that are contrary to law.
- February 27, 2012 Initial release
- November 07, 2012 New version 1.4
- December 01, 2012 New version 3
- January 24, 2013 New version 3.1
- May 29, 2013 New version 3.2
- July 28, 2013 New version 3.3
- September 10, 2013 New version 3.4
- December 06, 2013 New version 3.5
- December 12, 2013 New version 3.6
- January 07, 2014 New version 3.7
- March 11, 2014 New version 3.8
- October 21, 2014 New version 3.9
- December 06, 2014 New version 4.2
- January 21, 2015 New version 4.3
- February 18, 2015 New version 4.4
- March 27, 2015 New version 4.5
- July 09, 2015 New version 5.0
- December 02, 2015 New version 5.1
- December 15, 2015 New version 5.2
- January 06, 2016 New version 5.3
- March 08, 2016 New version 5.4
- March 23, 2016 New version 5.5
- April 11, 2016 New version 5.6