148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: SOCIAL :: Read Our Full Review >>
Ourcast is a weather app with rain updates every ten minutes and interesting social features.
What's NewOurcast is now Minutely and we love it's new interface, beautiful map, new animated icons and... 3D Weather!
App DescriptionNeed to know if it will be raining when you walk out the door 10 minutes from now?
Ourcast is the weather app that tells you if there will be rain, or snow, in any location you choose, during any minute over the next 2 hours.
Going for a run? A hike? Coaching a soccer game? You’ll want to check Ourcast and plan your outdoor activities with confidence.
Simple to use, Ourcast provides an incredibly accurate short-term, hyper-local weather forecast. And once you’ve looked at your own forecast, you can participate in the Ourcast community by reporting your current weather with a quick tap of the screen.
- Forecast page with easy-to-read 10-minute weather forecasts covering the next 2 hours anywhere in the continental U.S.
- Forecasting engine that uses an entirely new statistical approach to weather analysis.
- Storm icons and dBz precipitation readings show whether rain or snow is coming or going at a single glance.
- Map view that you can scroll forward and backward in time to track storm progress.
- Bookmarks of your favorite locations for easy retrieval.
- Report your own weather conditions right on the app’s home screen, joining the Ourcast community and making forecasts better for everyone.
- See your own reports appear in Ourcast’s map view.
- Share you weather conditions easily on social media platforms Facebook and Twitter.
- Email your weather to friends and family right from Ourcast’s sharing menu.
Ourcast is just getting started, with many new features and improvements scheduled to come soon. Those in progress include:
- Alerts. Coming rain and snow alerts will pop up right on your device’s home screen.
- Badges. Those who regularly report their weather conditions will be able to unlock new badges to distinguish their reports on Ourcast’s map view.
Join the Ourcast community today! We’re working to solve weather together.
August 20, 2013 New version 1.5.1
April 18, 2012 New version 1.5.0
February 29, 2012 New version 1.1.9
January 21, 2012 New version 1.1.5
November 30, -0001 Initial Release