● AN ART BOOK OPTIMIZED FOR IPAD ●
● The official app of the Grand Palais exhibition ●
HD pictures up to 40 millions pixels
54 pages, 33 illstrations
Smart guided reading
An exhibition organised by the Rmn-Grand Palais, the Musée d’Orsay and the musée Fabre de Montpellier Agglomération. With special support from the Bibliothèque nationale de France.
Although he was a contemporary of the Impressionists (he took part in the group’s last exhibition in 1886), Odilon Redon (Bordeaux 1840 – Paris 1916) remains the champion of mystery and the subconscious in a period which focused on reality and objectivity. One of the leaders in the art world at the turn of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, he was a key figure in early symbolism, with his charcoals and lithographs (the famous noirs) before being admired for his pastels and paintings by the young generation of artists in love with colour, the Nabis and the Fauves. He was then regarded as one of the precursors of surrealism.
The exhibition in the Galeries nationales is a real rediscovery of this artist. A number of major exhibitions have recently been devoted to him in other parts of the world (Chicago and London, 1994; Frankfurt, 2007), but this retrospective is the first in Paris since the exhibition in the Orangerie in 1956. It is based on the study of many unpublished documents which shed new light on Redon’s work. In particular it makes systematic use of his “book of reason” (Paris, Bibliothèque littéraire Jacques Doucet), in which he jotted down the titles and dates of his works. The book will be on display and published in the appendix to the catalogue.
Powered by Aquafadas
- January 20, 2012 Price decrease: $5.99 -> FREE!
- January 21, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $5.99
- January 24, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- January 25, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- February 21, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- February 22, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- March 05, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- March 06, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- April 11, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- April 12, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- April 24, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- April 25, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99