What's NewNEW CONTENT in this version:
- Information updated with new tax laws
NEW FEATURES in this version:
- App iPhone 5 ready
- App iOS 6.1 ready
- App available on iPad & iPhone (3GS/4/4S/5) and iPod
BUG FIX in in this version:
- Memory management improved
- Overall stability greatly improved on iOS 5 & 6
App Description"A Decade of Writing" brings together a collection of the published work of four well known expatriates for the first time in one volume.
With articles taken from the archives of the popular China Expat magazine & website, this collection provides memories of early days, provoke exclamations of “I didn’t know that!” and inspire today’s generation of China expats to get out, engage and explore.
In an age when blogs are mainly blah-blah, the articles in this App will provoke, provide food for thought and raise a wry smile.
◙◙◙ CONTENT ◙◙◙
• EXPATRIATES IN CHINA
○ All Expats in China are Crazy
○ The China Expert: Myth or Misnomer?
○ A Neighbor and a Hero
○ How Chaplin Charmed China
○ The Man Who Stayed Behind
• MODERN LIFE AND CULTURE
○ A Quick Guide to Chinese Liquor
○ A Nation of Noodle Addicts
○ Shanxi Vinegar for Tough Times
○ Impress with Instant Mandarin Slang
○ Surviving the Chinese Wedding
○ The Sound and the Fury
• ART AND TRADITIONAL CULTURE
○ The Buddhist Art of War
○ Revolutionary Work
○ China’s Anthem
○ The Lyrical Prescience of Chairman Mao
○ The Mongolian Dalai Lama
○ Beautiful Money – The Tibetan Srang
○ Tibetan Buddhist Kama Sutra and Tantric Sex
○ The Five Rituals of Eternal Youth
○ Financing The Xinjiang Warlords
○ The Mosuo and Their Walking Marriage
• HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE
○ The Ancient Tea-Horse Road
○ From “Little Mule” to the “Red Flag” and the “Chang Jiang”
○ The Classic Hotels of Shanghai: A Change from the Usual?
○ Blood Thirsty Boxers and a Real Man
○ Was the Chinese Phoenix actually an Ostrich?
○ The Historic Flags of China
○ The Chinese Silver Dragon
○ China’s Foreign Exchange Certificates – Ten Years Gone
○ Hong Kong’s Handover, 30th June 1997 - From Colonialist to Expatriate
○ Hong Kong: China’s Golden Goose
○ Shaolin Kung Fu Goes Corporate
○ Great Moments in Panda Diplomacy
• EXPLORING CHINA
○ Is This China’s Most Beautiful Mountain?
○ Kunming’s Unique Relationship with China
○ Lost in the Gurbantunggut Desert
○ From Kashgar to Taxkorgan: The Karakoram Highway
○ Lhasa to Everest Base Camp
○ A Hidden Henan Treasure
○ Five Grassland Gateways
○ Fishing Xiangshan’s Waters
○ Zhangjiajie: A Honeymoon with China
○ Just in Case You Get Sent to: Guiyang
○ Just in Case You Get Sent to: Kaifeng
○ 32 Official Flowers of Chinese Cities
○ The Shanghai Waltz
○ China’s Lost Photos – Terraced Paddies
November 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
November 21, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
November 16, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
November 25, 2011 Initial Release