What's New• Keystroke Callouts: Automatically capture any keyboard shortcuts used during recording and show them off as a graphic in your video.
• Copy/Paste Annotations: Camtasia now allows annotations and media to be copied/pasted between projects
• Add New Tracks: Camtasia now lets you insert new tracks on the timeline
• New default lower thirds callouts
• Added an option to show captions underneath a video shared to Screencast.com or a webpage
• Added ability to ripple extend frames and add space on the timeline
• Additional bug fixing and enhancements
App DescriptionCamtasia gives you all the tools you need to create engaging, high-quality videos with ease. Whether you need to put together an eye-catching training video, presentation, or demo video, Camtasia makes it easy to communicate your message visually, add professional polish, and capture onscreen activity.
*Capture What You’re Seeing and Doing*
Fire up the application, webpage, or Keynote presentation that you want to appear in your screencast video, and the screen recorder captures everything that happens on your screen.
*Create Videos with Professional Polish*
Camtasia makes you look like a video pro – even if you’re not one. Quickly and easily emphasize your movements, create interactive content, and captivate your audience like never before. Simply drag-and-drop annotations, transitions, spotlights, and more directly into your video.
*Communicate Your Message Visually*
Share high-quality, HD videos that your viewers can watch anytime, on nearly any device. The TechSmith Smart Player allows your viewers to access your content virtually anywhere—even from browsers or devices that are not Flash-enabled. And use Camtasia’s output to TechSmith’s free hosting site, Screencast.com, to upload, manage, view, and share your HD-quality video. You can also share your videos to YouTube, Apple devices, your website, blog, and more.
There are a number of third-party QuickTime components that can be installed on the computer that are not currently compatible with an application running in a sandboxed environment. If present, these components can lead to instability or even application crashes. At this time, we recommend updating these components to the latest version available from the component’s vendor so there is no conflict with the Camtasia application.
For more information see this article: http://techsmith.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3594.
• Recorder: A simple screen recorder that captures anything on your screen.
• Redesigned Editor Interface: Create and edit videos faster than ever.
• Sketch Motion Callouts: Draw attention to specific areas with a professional, animated look.
• Clip Speed: Make your videos the perfect length.
• Remove a Color (Chroma Key): Put yourself right in the action of your video.
• Blur Effect: Hide sensitive information with ease.
• Cursor FX: Emphasize your mouse cursor to help your viewers follow the action easier.
• Annotations: Complete your story with speech bubbles, arrows, shapes, and more.
• Tilt and Restore Animations: Add a simple tilt effect to captive your audience.
• Extend Frame: Give yourself a little more time to highlight specific points of interest.
• Device Framing: Add a frame around your videos to show off your apps like never before.
• Closed or Open Captions: Synchronize audio with onscreen caption text.
April 30, 2013 New version 2.3.1
December 15, 2012 New version 2.3.0
December 10, 2012 New version 2.2.4
November 07, 2012 New version 2.2.3
June 20, 2012 New version 2.2
April 25, 2012 New version 2.1
December 08, 2011 Initial Release