What's NewFixed issues with new Flickr API
App DescriptionA new kind of travel app that brings you the best places in the world to photograph, visit, and experience. It's the ultimate app for explorers, photographers, and daydreamers. Especially daydreamers. :)
"Gorgeous" - GigaOm
"It’s the ultimate scouting tool that every photographer will want to have with them everywhere they go." - Thomas Hawk
"This is a beautiful, well-crafted iPad app that isn’t like anything else I’ve seen on the iPad yet. It’s for people who want to explore the earth, or who want to photograph it." - Robert Scoble
Video preview at: http://www.StuckOnEarthApp.com
- The most efficient tool for finding millions of places to visit. Sorted by Most Awesome!
- A smart algorithm chooses the best locations and photos based on a combination of crowdsourcing, algorithm, and curation.
- A wonderful map interface that allows you to zoom into any level in any country to find the best places to visit.
- A "Download All" button that lets you vacuum up all the locations on a map into a trip for offline viewing.
- Create trips for the future: "Florida in 2013" or "Wine escapade in France, le sigh!"
- No ideas for future trips or places to photograph? Try our countless Top 50 Lists to get inspired!
- I KNOW when you are in the middle of a trip, you rarely have internet, so all your personalized trips and maps are avail offline.
- A customized experience based on your personality type - Photographer, Explorer, or Daydreamer.
- Professional voice actress, Karen Hutton, serves as your personal travel guide.
- Photographers help you find the best spots, like "Thomas Hawk's Top 50 Secret Spots in San Francisco"
- Create your OWN top 50 lists and submit them to the editor to be featured on the main map.
---> To do that, just create a trip, choose the trip from the home screen, then click "Submit" in the lower left.
About the App and Me:
Hello, I'm Trey. I'm the guy that made this app.
I believe that one of the great purposes of life is to have as many awesome experiences as possible. To fill your life with stories -- this is a wonderful goal. To this end, I created this app very much for myself. I am a travel photographer, and I run a travel photography blog at StuckInCustoms.com . I've accidentally become an expert on travel photography over the past seven years, so I wanted to create an app that I honestly use ALL THE TIME to plan out my trips.
There is a big problem that this app solves for me, personally. I have limited time, and I want the best information about where to visit and what I will see, generally, when I get there. When most people look at travel guides, they simply look for the pretty pictures and think, "I want to go THERE." This takes that experience to the next order of magnitude, and makes it all extremely practical with Trip-Planning.
Even if you don't travel, you still want to find interesting places to see and experience within a short drive of your home. Or maybe there are hidden gems right in your very town that you've never discovered. Because our algorithm is a cool mix of crowdsourcing plus human-curated lists, you'll see some really good results.
All in One:
So, this is it, Stuck on Earth. You don't need to use multiple apps, webpages, and other resources to plan your trip. All the countries, cities, and rural areas of the world are in here (well, except North Korea) -- all in one place. Add photos to your trip, and they'll be available offline. Everything you need is right here in this app. Thanks, and enjoy!
October 05, 2014 New version 3.2.2
November 19, 2013 New version 3.2.1
November 05, 2013 New version 3.2
October 02, 2013 New version 3.1.2
September 30, 2013 New version 3.1.1
September 20, 2013 New version 3.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release