User interface improvements and bug fixes
America's most useful and respected dictionary and thesaurus – with premium content and no ads.
Selected as a "Best New App" by iTunes.
The app has been fully redesigned for iOS 8 to make it even more enjoyable to use.
In addition to all the definitions from Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, and all the synonyms and antonyms from Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Thesaurus, the app offers voice search – to let you look up a word without having to spell it – example sentences, Quick Definitions, Word of the Day, Favorites, and more.
It's a great tool for reference, education, and vocabulary building.
The premium content includes over 1000 graphical illustrations, and over 20,000 additional entries covering people, places, and foreign terms.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* No ads
* Full Thesaurus
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Quick Definitions
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Recents - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
* Biographic and Geographic entries
* Foreign words and phrases used in English
* Graphical Illustrations
* For iPad: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
- June 06, 2014 Initial release
- September 16, 2014 New version 3.1
- July 17, 2015 New version 3.3.1
- September 19, 2015 New version 3.3.2