Whether you are braving the snow or soaking up the sun, we have an exciting release for you. We've looked through all of your feedback, put the app under a microscope, and as a result we are happy to bring you our biggest release yet!
A NEW LOOK FOR ONEDRIVE
•We now use space more efficiently and have an uncluttered text style that makes it easier to scan across file names and notice essential information quicker.
•Before you had to tap and hold or open a file to take action on it. We heard feedback that this wasn't always clear, so we added a new context menu next to each item. Tap the "…" to get a clear look at what you can do to that file and the file's extension.
•Shared files are now easier to spot, and we've made thumbnails larger and more detailed. The human eye is attuned to recognize familiar shapes and colors instantly. To take advantage of this, we modified the look of the files and folders in the list and tile views so it's easier to find what you're looking for.
•You told us that the multi-column list view on iPad made it difficult to read file names, so we expanded each file to take up the entire row and added columns for the data you care about most. If you are coming from a PC or Mac, you will feel right at home.
•Uploading a file to a folder and unsure if it's shared or not? You will now notice a shared icon in the navigation bar. Tap that icon to open the details page and see who has access.
•Our command icons are larger and clearer! No more accidentally tapping the wrong command.
FILES APP SUPPORT
•You can open any file or folder regardless whether it's in OneDrive or SharePoint.
•Once you open those files, you can update them and quickly save them back to OneDrive.
•Tag or favorite your files and folders regardless of where they live.
DRAG AND DROP
•Want to move a file into a folder? Just drag it over. Want to copy a file into a SharePoint Site? Just drag it. Want to add an image stored in OneDrive to your email? You get it…
•We support dragging and dropping files between tabs in the app on iPhone and iPad. On iPad, we take your productivity to the next level by supporting drag and drop to other apps.
•More to come here, but let us know what you think so far!
PREVIEWS FOR OVER 130 FILE TYPES
•Some of the formats we support now include: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, RAW, 3D objects, high-precision DICOM, TIFF files, iWork Files, Java/C/Swift and tons of other code formats, and many more.
MICROSOFT FLOW INTEGRATION (only available for work or school accounts)
•Microsoft Flow allows you to create automated workflows between OneDrive and other services to get notifications, synchronize files, collect data and more. You can turn repetitive tasks into multistep workflows. You can even make decisions in your workflow, like running an action only when specific conditions are met.
WHAT ELSE IS NEW?
•Landscape support and other various iPhone X UI fixes.
•We fixed an annoying search bug, when you open a file from your search results and then tap back, you will still see your search results. Search away!
•PDF annotation support for shared files or files stored in SharePoint – All PDFs are now equal regardless of where they live.
•You can now easily share locked PDF files.
•Fixed an issue where PDFs and Office files were rendering behind the navigation bar.
•When you share files from your personal account, we will show you the type of link you are sharing above the share sheet.
Thank you for your support and for relying on OneDrive. Everyone on the team deeply values that you depend on us to be more productive than ever before. There are a lot of changes in this update and we know we won't get it perfect on the first try. Your feedback is invaluable for us to continue to improve the app, so if you run into any issues please shake your device and tap "report a problem.
Do more wherever you go with Microsoft OneDrive. Get to and share your documents, photos, and other files from your iOS device, computer (PC or Mac), and any other devices you use. Use the Office mobile apps to stay productive and work together, no matter where you are. The OneDrive app for iOS lets you easily work with your personal and work files when you're on the go.
• Quickly open and save OneDrive files in Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
• Easily find photos thanks to automatic tagging.
• Get notifications when a shared document is edited.
• Share albums of your favorite photos and videos.
• Highlight, annotate, and sign PDF files in your OneDrive.
• Access your most important files offline.
Note: For you to sign in to OneDrive for Business, your organization needs to have a qualifying SharePoint Online or Office 365 business subscription plan. You cannot sign in with an account from an on-premises directory.
To make an in-app purchase of an Office 365 Home or Personal subscription, open the app. In the Me tab, tap your storage or the diamond. Subscriptions begin at $6.99 a month in the US, and can vary by region. With an Office 365 subscription, you get 1TB of storage for each user, OneDrive Premium features, access to all features in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, and you can install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote on PCs or Macs.
Office 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your iTunes account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period, unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand. To manage your subscriptions or to disable auto-renewal, after purchase, go to your iTunes account settings. A subscription cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
This app is provided by Microsoft. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft and transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or its affiliates maintain facilities.
- April 24, 2012 New version 2.0
- June 02, 2012 New version 2.1
- April 04, 2013 New version 3.0
- April 17, 2013 New version 3.0.1
- November 22, 2013 New version 4.0
- December 20, 2013 New version 4.0.1
- February 20, 2014 New version 4.1
- June 26, 2014 New version 4.2
- July 19, 2014 New version 4.3
- August 28, 2014 New version 4.4.2
- September 16, 2014 New version 4.4.3
- October 08, 2014 New version 4.5.1
- November 03, 2014 New version 4.5.2
- December 01, 2014 New version 4.5.3
- January 27, 2015 New version 4.6.1
- January 29, 2015 New version 5.0
- February 11, 2015 New version 5.0.1
- March 13, 2015 New version 5.1
- April 27, 2015 New version 5.3
- May 07, 2015 New version 5.3.7
- June 10, 2015 New version 5.4.1
- June 22, 2015 New version 5.4.2
- July 03, 2015 New version 5.4.3
- August 01, 2015 New version 5.5
- August 26, 2015 New version 5.7.4
- September 06, 2015 New version 5.7.6
- October 01, 2015 New version 6.0.1
- October 05, 2015 New version 6.0.2
- October 22, 2015 New version 6.1.1
- November 24, 2015 New version 6.3
- December 07, 2015 New version 6.4
- December 17, 2015 New version 6.5
- December 20, 2015 New version 6.5.1
- January 05, 2016 New version 6.6
- January 13, 2016 New version 6.7
- January 20, 2016 New version 6.8
- March 13, 2016 New version 6.11.6
- March 25, 2016 New version 6.12.1
- April 14, 2016 New version 6.13.3
- May 04, 2016 New version 7.0
- May 11, 2016 New version 7.1
- July 03, 2016 New version 7.5
- August 01, 2016 New version 7.7
- August 17, 2016 New version 7.8
- September 01, 2016 New version 7.8.1
- September 20, 2016 New version 8.0.1
- September 30, 2016 New version 8.1
- November 01, 2016 New version 8.3
- November 16, 2016 New version 8.4
- November 29, 2016 New version 8.5
- December 17, 2016 New version 8.6.1
- April 19, 2017 New version 8.13
- April 27, 2017 New version 8.14
- May 18, 2017 New version 8.15.2
- September 15, 2017 New version 9.2
- September 16, 2017 New version 9.3.3
- September 26, 2017 New version 9.3.10
- September 29, 2017 New version 9.4
- October 26, 2017 New version 9.5.1
- November 16, 2017 New version 9.7
- January 24, 2018 New version 9.9
- January 31, 2018 New version 10.1