What's NewAtMyPace: Statistics version 3.0 is here!
This update optimises AtMyPace for iOS6.1. Graphics have been improved for retina devices including the iPhone 5.
Behind the scenes we've got rid of some minor bugs to improve usability.
App DescriptionAtMyPace: Statistics is now a Universal App so you can use it on your iPhone or iPad. Special price for early adopters.
AtMyPace: Statistics is valuable new and innovative learning tool for all, especially MBA’s and students in college business statistics courses.
See all about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5XJaPlujjs
AtMyPace: Statistics uses entertaining videos and engaging quiz exercises to help students learn statistics. We help you understand how to use and interpret statistics so you can pass your course. You CAN understand statistics.
“AtMyPace” means you control the pace of your learning. Each topic has a video and quiz exercises that you do at your own speed and repeat as many times as you like. AtMyPace never gets impatient!
The content and design were developed by a teaching-award-winning university professor and based on years of experience, and research into how people learn statistics and the use of multimedia. The teaching approach has been tested and refined through extensive use in an entry-level university course.
AtMyPace is NOT a textbook or a statistics calculator. Rather AtMyPace: Statistics employs the strengths of iPad and iPhone technology to engage students so that they develop understanding of statistical concepts.
Review from Canada
by macmommy2 - Version 2.0 - Jul 10, 2012
I've been tasked with teaching statistics in September to a class of 500, and I had no idea where to start. This app is amazing for providing intuitive ways to think about statistics, and offers invaluable support for a course. This includes animated videos to demonstrate concepts using easy-to-understand language, and quizzes for students to track their learning. I'm so impressed with the app. If you're a student taking statistics: Buy it. If you're a prof: Buy it.
From the UK: Brilliant! - Well worth every penny! I can't wait for future updates.
Comments on the videos include:
* “This should be shown in school. So easy to understand and so important if you are involved in statistics”
* “THANK YOU !! you made us pass our EXAM YAYY!!! great explanation :)”
* “This is great stuff - maths as it should be....practical, interesting , informative and with a touch of humour”
* “Thank you sooooo much. For an arts post-grad student just now dipping my toes into the world of empirical quantitative research, this video is a god-send. Very easy to understand, and a great place to start.”
Topics covered include:
- Types of Data: Nominal, Ordinal, Interval/Ratio
- Methods of sampling and sampling error
- Understanding the p-value
- Choosing the correct statistical test
- Hypothesis tests
- Scatter plots
- Confidence Intervals
- Tests for the difference of two means
- Significance, causation and other important statistical concepts
March 14, 2014 New version 4.02
March 07, 2014 New version 4.01
February 28, 2014 New version 4.0
March 13, 2013 New version 3.0
July 16, 2012 New version 2.1
November 10, 2011 Initial Release