Like Speech Recognition on your iPhone 4S? You'll like it even more on your Mac!
With Air Dictate, you can enter text on your Mac by talking into your iPhone 4S. It's that simple.
IMPORTANT: Requires an iPhone 4S and a Mac
“The app just looks downright gorgeous. Avatron didn’t cut any corners on making a quality piece of software” — AppAdvice
“Easy text entry by speech” — ZDNet
“Definitely worth the buck if you prefer talking to typing.” — Gizmodo
“Setup is dead simple… Transcriptions were surprisingly accurate” — TechCrunch
“A handy tool for multitaskers, slow typists, or note-takers, or even those who need a little help forming sentences in writing” — PCWorld
More reviews in CNET, SlashGear, Macworld, Engadget, MacNews, TouchMyApps, TabletLegal, and many others.
EASY TO SET UP
• On your Mac, go to avatron.com/i to download and install the free Air Dictate Receiver app.
EASY TO USE
• Launch any app that allows text input. For example: TextEdit, Mail, Pages, Microsoft Word.
On iPhone 4S:
• Launch the Air Dictate app.
• Choose your Mac from a list of nearby computers.
• Press the microphone button, speak for a while, and press the button again to stop.
Your speech will be converted into text, and will automatically appear in the text field on your Mac, just as if you had typed it on your Mac keyboard.
• Air Dictate runs only on an iPhone 4S.
• Air Dictate Receiver runs on a Mac with Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later.
• If you have enabled certain combinations of international keyboards, you may not hear a beep when you press the microphone button. If you run into this, please visit avatron.com/support for a simple workaround. We're working on a real fix for this.
Air Dictate comes from Avatron Software, the makers of Air Display, Air Sharing, and Print Sharing. To check out our other apps, just search for avatron in the iOS and Mac app stores.
- December 31, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- January 04, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99