After breaking and then fixing the news, we thought we should do something nice for you, so we optimised the app size! You’ve got more room for those selfies now.
Layout issue in Readability mode? Fixed.
Crash when loading images and swiping? Fixed.
Crash on action sheet in web mode? Fixed.
Screen freeze on loading certain articles? Fixed.
The App Store's most beautiful news reader, giving you complete control over the content you see, in a form you'll enjoy. Watch the video demo at earlyedition2.com.
WHAT IS IT?
The Early Edition 2 is a beautiful, up-to-the-minute newspaper that puts you in the editorial seat.
DYNAMIC PAGE LAYOUT
Now sporting a gorgeous column-based page layout, The Early Edition 2 uses an algorithm to intelligently position stories based on their content. This means every page is now both beautiful and dynamic.
Page turns can now follow your finger which looks stunning. Or you can simply swipe horizontally or tap the edge of the page.
Are you missing Reader? The Early Edition 2 now supports syncing with Feedly so you can keep track of articles you've read on the web as well as on your iPad.
Sharing services include: Twitter, Facebook, Instapaper, Readability, Read It Later, Delicious, Evernote & Pinboard.
LESS CLUTTER, MORE CONTENT
Our intuitive multitouch interface strips back visual clutter so you can focus on the news. The main newspaper view is now completely free of buttons in both orientations which means you can simply enjoy browsing and reading your paper.
All images are now cached on the device so if you go out of network coverage, you still get the full reading experience. Also, you can choose to either load images in real-time while you navigate the paper or set it to preload all images. Preloading images is especially useful for Wifi iPads or use when a 3G network is unavailable such as flights.
IMAGES, IN ALL THEIR GLORY
Tapping any image in the main paper view takes you to a swipeable gallery mode, perfect for photography, design or comic feeds. Swipe vertically to view all the images in a single story or horizontally to view images from the next or previous story.
The entire paper is now searchable. And if there are particular search terms you use frequently, you can save them for one-tap searching anytime in the future.
Sometimes there just isn't time to keep up with the flow of news pouring in. Now you can star stories as you browse, and they get sent straight to your Clippings shoebox for later reading.
This is our curated list of suggestions for topics and news sources. From here you can preview and subscribe to interesting feeds that you may not have discovered yet.
We've implemented a lot of gestures to make navigating The Early Edition 2 both quick and amazingly fun to use.
- August 07, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- August 05, 2014 New version 2.6.11
- July 25, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- July 23, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- July 22, 2014 New version 2.6.10
- July 19, 2014 New version 2.6.9
- June 25, 2014 New version 2.6.8
- May 28, 2014 New version 2.6.5
- January 17, 2014 New version 2.6.4
- October 09, 2013 New version 2.6.3
- October 07, 2013 New version 2.6.1
- September 04, 2013 New version 2.6
- August 20, 2013 New version 2.5
- July 12, 2013 New version 2.4
- December 24, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- December 21, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- November 25, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- November 24, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- November 04, 2012 New version 2.3.4
- October 27, 2012 New version 2.3.3
- October 16, 2012 New version 2.3.2
- July 07, 2012 New version 2.3.1
- July 05, 2012 New version 2.3
- April 14, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- April 06, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- March 23, 2012 New version 2.2.1
- March 16, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- March 16, 2012 New version 2.2
- February 08, 2012 New version 2.1
- January 16, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- January 09, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- November 02, 2011 New version 1.0.4
- October 26, 2011 New version 1.0.3