148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: DETAILED :: Read Our Full Review >>
A little heavy on talking rather than doing, How to Draw! does teach some great skills.
What's New• Downloading Videos in background
• iPhone 5 compatibility
• Bug fixes
App Description***Editor's Fav! - Appysmarts.com***
***TOP 20 in Reference! Over 85,000 downloads!***
For kids, nothing beats Saturday morning cartoons, except maybe learning how to draw them. This app is designed to walk you and your kids through the entire process of learning to draw cartoon characters.
And even though we're convinced this is the best drawing app out there, we're constantly trying to improve. So if you run into any issues while using this or any of our other apps, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
By the end of the course, you'll know how to draw:
• The whole SpongeBob universe—characters, interiors and background
• Halloween-themed characters like Jack Skellington, Grim and Count Duckula
And we'll be adding more lessons each month!
* Characters from Mario Brothers, including Luigi, Princess Peach and Yoshi
* Characters from Lion King, including Scar, Timon and Pumba
Even though the app starts out with the basics of the proper technique to hold a pencil and how to draw lines and curves, it quickly progresses to more advanced skills including:
• Turning basic shapes into characters
• Adding expressions and scenery
• Drawing characters in different positions
• Building whole scenes with a background and multiple characters
• Putting on the finishing touches like inking, coloring and shading
Using this app, you'll be able to track your progress through Mahalo's high-quality drawing video series, taught by drawing expert Ken O'Brien. Ken has worked as a level designer and storyboard artist for several video games, including the SpongeBob Wii game "Creature from the Krusty Krab" and majored in art and animation at Cal Arts.
** DISCLAIMER **
This is an unofficial educational guide created by Mahalo.com, Inc. All trademarks and copyrights referenced are the property of their respective owners and are used under the Fair Use doctrine. Mahalo.com, Inc. and this application are in no way affiliated with Nintendo Co., Ltd., The Walt Disney Company, Cosgrove Hall, Hasbro, Viacom International Inc., and Cartoon Network.
June 11, 2013 New version 3.8
January 26, 2013 New version 3.7.5
October 14, 2012 New version 3.7.4
September 04, 2012 New version 3.7.2
August 15, 2012 New version 3.7.1
August 09, 2012 New version 3.7
October 18, 2011 Initial Release