What's NewOptimization and enhancements
App DescriptionTry The Magic School Bus: Dinosaurs interactive storybook app! Explore select pages and interactions from the app that takes kids on a dinosaur adventure. Unearth the age of dinosaurs with this interactive storybook featuring dinosaur digs, collectible cards, games and more!
For more Magic School Bus fun on the iPad and to learn about more dinosaurs, download the full app—see details below.
Wahoo! Time to go on a field trip with Ms. Frizzle on the Magic School Bus to explore dinosaurs! Based on the book The Magic School Bus: In the Time of Dinosaurs written by Joanna Cole and illustrated by Bruce Degen, this interactive storybook app lets readers dig deep to discover everything they want to know about dinosaurs! Many pages of this Magic School Bus adventure features an interaction to extend the reading experience. Go on dinosaur digs to uncover the fossils of 16 different dinosaurs, and then assemble the dinosaur bones to earn a dinosaur card! Or, touch a notebook icon anywhere you see it to read what the students have learned as they explore fossils, dinosaur nests and more. When the dinosaur reading adventure is complete, play a fast-paced game to discover dinosaurs that lived on all seven of the world’s continents!
• Embodies the “open exploration” essence of The Magic School Bus – which encourages kids to “take chances, make mistakes…and get messy!”
• “Touch & Tilt” animated interactions make it easy for children to engage with the story:
- Touch the words to hear the story and speech bubbles to hear what characters are saying.
- Tilt to see dinosaur digs and class reports for further exploration.
• Narration & Music:
- Features over 20 individual voices plus original music and sound effects bring the story to life – meaning you don’t have to know how to read to enjoy The Magic School Bus!
• Go on dinosaur digs to unearth dinosaur fossils and then build the dinosaur using the bones uncovered!
• Collect 16 different Dinosaur Cards that offer pictures, facts and more!
• Access 16 reports written by students in Ms. Frizzle’s class—each filled with intriguing science lessons.
• Replayable game with 7 different levels explores where dinosaurs lived around the world.
• Includes over 100 facts about dinosaurs including when and where dinosaurs lived to their eating habits and physical characteristics
• Individual words highlight as they are read aloud to aid reading skills; settings options allow independent readers to turn off music and narration, access dinosaur cards and go to a specific sections in the story.
October 22, 2011 New version 1.1
October 10, 2011 Initial Release