What's New• Improvements on the user profile screen. Instead of showing big space-hogging buttons, we now show the user's Photostream prominently. All the user options (Favorites, Sets, Followers, etc) are still available in a floating menu that you can show by :
◇ Tapping on the 'More' button
◇ Swiping from the right of the screen
• As a side effect of this new layout, we have deprecated People stacks. If you have them, their contents will be maintained properly.
• Full support for using https for flickr.com. Flickr requires it starting July 2014
• Improved tip appearance
App DescriptionFrom the creators of FlickStackr, PhotoStackr brings 500px photo sharing to the iPad. Designed from the ground up for the larger screen, it allows you to BROWSE photos in the 500px universe. UPLOAD photos to 500px.
What can you do with PhotoStackr that the official 500px app does not let you ?
- Upload photos to 500px
- Browse by photo categories
- Bookmark photos on your device (Stack)
- Work offline
follow us on Twitter @ipontCA
Key Features :
==== BROWSING ====
- Single app compatible with iPhone, iPod and iPad. ( iOS4 ). Including Retina and multitasking on iOS4
- You can look at your own photos, your favorites and your friends and their photos.
- Explore 500px's Editors, Popular and Fresh photos. Filter them by Category.
- Full screen photo browser that lets you swipe through photos and zoom by pinching. (Landscape and Portrait).
- Slideshow mode, including support for external displays (TV & VGA)
- No need for paging while looking at large photosets. PhotoStackr does it automatically in the background.
Photos are cached locally for fast access.
- Exif and photo location viewing
- Search photos in 500px : via keyword or tags
- Offline mode for looking at photos while disconnected.
- A unique feature is the 'STACK'. The Stack lets you mark photos and photosets from you or any other people. This stack is saved on your iPad, so that you can keep this list without having to publish it to 500px. Useful when you want to review photos later, or share them all via email
- Share photos with friends via email, Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr
==== UPLOAD ====
- Upload photos directly from your iPhone/iPad. Use the device's photo library as source, the camera, the Camera Connection Kit, or using iTunes drag and drop, to get photos from your computer
- At upload time you can specify : title, caption, geo location, category
- Exif and GPS information is maintained when uploading
- Upload in the background while you continue to browse photos
- LIMITATION : Browsing your photo library to choose photos in high resolution requires granting location access to PhotoStackr. This is unfortunately an Apple imposed limitation
==== ACCOUNT FLEXIBILITY ====
- Support for having multiple 500px accounts active. This is ideal for households sharing an iPad or for people with multiple identities online.
- Supports all iPad screen orientations.
- Access to flickr.com photography (browse, edit, upload) via in-app purchase.
- As a universal application, PhotoStackr 500px is also compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch 4.0+
NOTE : PhotoStackr for 500px may require "Location Access" to be able to browse the photo library for uploads. This is an iOS 4.x limitation imposed by Apple to apps. Other apps which do not require it will NOT get you Exif or full resolution.
May 31, 2014 New version 3.9
March 14, 2014 New version 3.7.1
February 09, 2014 New version 3.7
January 29, 2014 New version 3.6.1
November 29, 2013 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
November 30, -0001 Initial Release