What's NewPLEASE NOTE: Version 2.x only currently supports Mac OS 10.8 or higher. We are working to resolve this issue ASAP.
- OS X 10.9 support
- Versatile new Shadow Desktop browsing interface
- Drag and drop
- Can now search the Shadow Desktop
App DescriptionPLEASE NOTE: Version 2.x only currently supports Mac OS 10.8 or higher. We are working to resolve this issue ASAP.
Does your Desktop end up cluttered with icons, making your Desktop look untidy and difficult to find the files you really need? The Desktop is a convenient and easily accessed location for saving files, but its difficult to prevent clutter building up. Desktop Tidy can help.
Desktop Tidy maintains a "Shadow Desktop", moving any files found on your actual Desktop and keeping it completely clear. This doesn't mean the files are harder to find because Desktop Tidy provides direct access to the files via a status menu icon, and also helps organise the files with the use of customisable filters. For example, you may only be interested in locating an image that was on your desktop, the built in Images filter will help you locate the file quickly and effortlessly.
● Main Features ●
● Keep your Desktop completely clear, whilst still having easy access to the files you place on it
● Customisable Views help you locate files of specific types
● Adjustable Date Filter hides files that haven't been used for a while when browsing the Shadow Desktop
● Option to flatten directories to see all files at once
● Automatic Tidying prevents clutter building up
● Ignore List allows specific files or folders to remain on the Desktop
● One click restore moves files back to the Desktop and adds them to the Ignore List
● One click function to reveal any file or folder from the Shadow Desktop in Finder
● One click function to move any file or folder from the Shadow Desktop to the Trash
● Drag and drop out of Shadow Desktop
● Drag and drop into the Shadow Desktop
● Drag and drop to the trash
● Growl integration allows Desktop Tidy to keep you informed without getting in the way
● Desktop Tidy can be configured to ignore aliases, folders or hidden files automatically
● Enjoy your Desktop wallpaper again!
● Adjustable overwrite options
● Automatic Tidying ●
Desktop Tidy can keep on top of things to ensure your Desktop never becomes untidy. Configure Desktop Tidy to periodically tidy any files on the Desktop into the Shadow Desktop folder and your desktop will always be clear of clutter. The tidying frequency can be configured. If Desktop Tidy finds files or folders that are currently being modified, it skips them and then monitors to clean them up when the changes are complete.
● Rapid Access To Files ●
Just because Desktop Tidy has relocated your files it doesn't mean they are difficult to locate. Once Desktop Tidy has moved the files to your Shadow Desktop, it provides direct access to the files via the status menu. Files can be filtered so that older files are hidden, and Views help you locate files of specific types. Desktop Tidy makes it easy to open files, delete them, reveal them in Finder or restore them back to the Desktop for simple and convenient access to the files it has moved.
● Views ●
Views help you locate files of a specific type, and they are customisable so you can make it simple to find the files that are important to you. Create your own Views and specify which file extensions should be included. You will then have instant access to those files straight from the Desktop Tidy menu. Views can be configured to display previews instead of icons in a variety of sizes, and can optionally flatten directories.
● Restore Files With Ease ●
If Desktop Tidy moves a file or folder you wanted to remain on your Desktop, it can be restored quickly and easily by dragging files back to the Desktop. The file is moved back to your Desktop and can optionally be added to the Ignore List so that it is not moved again.
● Search Shadow Desktop ●
Now you can search the files displayed in the current view right from the Shadow Desktop browsing panel.
January 29, 2014 New version 2.0
October 30, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
November 23, 2012 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
October 28, 2011 Initial Release