App DescriptionMoonlight Gallery is an Instagram image browser designed with simplicity in mind. It combines images from different Instagram sources into a single image stream which you navigate just by scrolling to the right. Moonlight Gallery also integrates with Moonlight Mahjong so you can play 3D Mahjong Solitaire over images you choose as the background.
To get the most out of Moonlight Gallery, you'll want to sign in to Instagram; this allows you to "like" images, which lets the app find more images based on what you liked. If you are not already an Instagram user, it's easy to get started with this popular image sharing service using the Instagram app.
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.
Some Features of Moonlight Gallery:
- Endless Image Stream, or "Just Keep Scrolling". Moonlight Gallery combines images from different Instagram sources into a single image stream, which you navigate just by scrolling to the right. Once you've signed into Instagram, Moonlight Gallery can add more images from people whose images you've liked, or tags of images you've liked, or even other people followed by the people you've liked. You can explore Instagram just about forever just by scrolling to the right and pressing the 'heart' button for images that you like.
- Keep Up-To-Date. Moonlight Gallery shows you new images from people you follow, so it's a great way to keep up-to-date on Instagram.
- Fewer Repeats. Moonlight Gallery keeps track of which images you've already seen recently, and usually will avoid adding them to the image stream again right away.
- Customizable. It's easy - just by flipping a couple switches - to configure Moonlight Gallery to show any combination of popular images, people you are following, Moonlight Gallery's picks, and so on. Once you've adjusted the settings to your liking, you don't need to change them again until you want to.
- Zoom. You can pinch or double-tap on an image to zoom in or zoom out, just like in the Photos app. (Just avoid double-tapping on the left and right edges of the screen; those move you to the previous or next image.)
- Fade. You can choose to fade between images when tapping the next image button or the sides of the screen, for a smoother transition.
- Open Images in Moonlight Mahjong (requires Moonlight Mahjong or Moonlight Mahjong Lite version 2.2 or later). If you're like me, you can scroll through Instagram images for a long time, but not forever. Once you've caught up on your Instagram Feed, launch an image you like in Moonlight Mahjong, and play some 3D Mahjong Solitaire (a fun and challenging tile matching game) with that image in the background. I've designed the apps so that when you finish a level in Moonlight Mahjong a single button press will take you back to Moonlight Gallery to browse images, and then another button press let you play some more. Repeat as desired.
- Free. This app is supported by occasional full-screen iAds on the iPad.
November 01, 2011 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
October 29, 2011 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
October 19, 2011 New version 1.0.1
October 12, 2011 Initial Release