What's NewOptimization and enhancements
App DescriptionWahoo! Time to go on a field trip with Ms. Frizzle on the Magic School Bus to explore dinosaurs! Based on the book "The Magic School Bus: In the Time of Dinosaurs" written by Joanna Cole and illustrated by Bruce Degen, this interactive storybook app lets readers dig deep to discover everything they want to know about dinosaurs! Every page of this Magic School Bus adventure features an interaction to extend the reading experience. Go on dinosaur digs to uncover the fossils of 16 different dinosaurs, and then assemble the dinosaur bones to earn a dinosaur card! Or, touch a notebook icon anywhere you see it to read what the students have learned as they explore fossils, dinosaur nests and more. When the dinosaur reading adventure is complete, play a fast-paced game to discover dinosaurs that lived on all seven of the world’s continents!
• Embodies the "open exploration" essence of The Magic School Bus – which encourages kids to "take chances, make mistakes… and get messy!"
• "Touch & Tilt" animated interactions make it easy for children to engage with the story:
– Touch the words to hear the story, and speech bubbles to hear what characters are saying.
– Tilt to see dinosaur digs and class reports for further exploration.
• Narration & Music:
– Features over 20 individual voices plus original music and sound effects that bring the story to life – meaning you don’t have to know how to read to enjoy The Magic School Bus!
• Go on dinosaur digs to unearth dinosaur fossils and then build the dinosaur using the bones uncovered!
• Collect 16 different Dinosaur Cards that offer pictures, facts and more!
• Access 16 reports written by students in Ms. Frizzle’s class – each filled with intriguing science lessons.
• Replayable game with 7 different levels explores where dinosaurs lived around the world.
• Includes hundreds of facts about dinosaurs including when and where dinosaurs lived to their eating habits and physical characteristics.
• Individual words highlight as they are read aloud to aid reading skills; settings options allow independent readers to turn off music and narration, access dinosaur cards and go to a specific page in the story.
May 24, 2012 New version 1.2
October 26, 2011 New version 1.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release