- Fixed a missing achievement
Thanks for playing War of Words! The long-awaited 4.3 update also included the following goodies:
- I know how much you love spinners, but this one was really getting in the way. Sorry about that! You may now resume your regularly-scheduled war.
- Support for iOS 9
- Support for 64-bit devices
- Support for iPhone 6/6s and 6 Plus/6s Plus
- The QuickType bar no longer blocks chat
- Removed all prompts for social sharing, Game Center invites, and Facebook invites—no more nags! You can still share on your favorite social media by tapping More | Share This at any time.
- Various other bug fixes
War of Words is the action-packed crossword game with bombs! It starts with the turn-based word spelling gameplay you know and love—and adds Action Tiles! Have you ever wanted to blow up your opponent’s words? Or maybe steal some words for yourself? Now you can.
EVERYONE LOVES WAR OF WORDS!
"In comparison to War of Words, [those other word games] are so innocent." —TiPb
"War of Words adds a welcome cut-throat edge to more classic word games... and is damn fun to play as a result." —What's On iPhone
"This game threw all my prejudices about crossword puzzles out the window!" —AppMyWorld
"If you like crossword battle games and the letters on your board have worn away with use, then I suggest you give this game a try and see if the aggressive gameplay helps to refresh a classic board game." —Smokin' Apps
"Thankfully a spelling game where the favor tends to lean on my [aggressive] side." —App Store Arcade
INNOVATIVE NEW GAMEPLAY
- Start with the standard online crossword gameplay you know and love
- No longer limited to just letters – War of Words introduces Action Tiles!
- Bomb Tiles let you destroy your opponent’s letters
- Thief Tiles allow you to steal words from the other player
- Drop Land Mine Tiles to catch your opponent unaware
- Play your own Multiplier Tiles to get the score of your dreams
- Reverse Tiles let you play a word backwards
- Start Over Tiles let you start a word anywhere on the board – without connecting to another word
- Use an Extra Turn Tile to play two turns in a row
- Barricade Tiles let you block strategic locations on the board
- Shield Tiles protect areas from your opponent
- Wildcards can be multiple letters at the same time
- Many different board layouts to try
- Play online with up to 60 friends at once, or play at home with friends using Pass and Play
- Start a Random game to get into the action fast
- Online leaderboards let you compare your best scores against your friends – and the world!
- Nearly 100 achievements to keep your games interesting
- Word definitions for those crazy plays
A TRULY SOCIAL EXPERIENCE
- Instantly start a game with any of your Game Center friends
- Online chat
- Push notifications let you know when to play
- Invite friends using Facebook, Twitter, or email
- Find friends using your contact list, their email address, Game Center nickname, and more
- Devices supported: iPhone 4S and up, iPod Touch 5th Generation and up, iPad 2 and up
- Requires iOS 9 or higher
- A Game Center account is required to play with friends
- Requires an Internet connection
- June 17, 2014 Initial release
- June 01, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- October 20, 2015 New version 4.3
- November 09, 2015 New version 4.3.1