The War of Words 4.2.3 update contains several important bug fixes. Bombs away!
War of Words is the action-packed crossword game with bombs! It starts with the turn-based word spelling gameplay you know and love—and adds Action Tiles! Have you ever wanted to blow up your opponent’s words? Or maybe steal some words for yourself? Now you can.
EVERYONE LOVES WAR OF WORDS!
"In comparison to War of Words, [those other word games] are so innocent." —TiPb
"War of Words adds a welcome cut-throat edge to more classic word games... and is damn fun to play as a result." —What's On iPhone
"This game threw all my prejudices about crossword puzzles out the window!" —AppMyWorld
"If you like crossword battle games and the letters on your board have worn away with use, then I suggest you give this game a try and see if the aggressive gameplay helps to refresh a classic board game." —Smokin' Apps
"Thankfully a spelling game where the favor tends to lean on my [aggressive] side." —App Store Arcade
INNOVATIVE NEW GAMEPLAY
- Start with the standard online crossword gameplay you know and love
- No longer limited to just letters – War of Words introduces Action Tiles!
- Bomb Tiles let you destroy your opponent’s letters
- Thief Tiles allow you to steal words from the other player
- Drop Land Mine Tiles to catch your opponent unaware
- Play your own Multiplier Tiles to get the score of your dreams
- Reverse Tiles let you play a word backwards
- Start Over Tiles let you start a word anywhere on the board – without connecting to another word
- Use an Extra Turn Tile to play two turns in a row
- Barricade Tiles let you block strategic locations on the board
- Shield Tiles protect areas from your opponent
- Wildcards can be multiple letters at the same time
- Many different board layouts to try
- Play online with up to 60 friends at once, or play at home with friends using Pass and Play
- Start a Random game to get into the action fast
- Online leaderboards let you compare your best scores against your friends – and the world!
- Nearly 100 achievements to keep your games interesting
- Word definitions for those crazy plays
A TRULY SOCIAL EXPERIENCE
- Instantly start a game with any of your Game Center friends
- Online chat
- Push notifications let you know when to play
- Invite friends using Facebook, Twitter, or email
- Find friends using your contact list, their email address, Game Center nickname, and more
- Devices supported: iPhone 3GS and up, iPod Touch 3rd Generation (32 GB or higher) and up, any iPad
- Requires iOS 5.1 or higher
- A Game Center account is required to play with friends
- Requires an Internet connection
- June 17, 2014 Initial release
- June 01, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99