What's New* Fixed problems with favorite words
* Minor bug fixes
App DescriptionFeatured by Apple in â€śNew & Noteworthyâ€ť in USA, Spain and other countries, our dictionaries have been many a time rated by our customers in the App Store as the most outstanding, comprehensive and extensive English-Spanish dictionaries available anywhere. Now, with the Mac version, Word Magic is outperforming itself, fixing most issues requested by Users in the past and adding many bonus features you will find in no other dictionary app. Guaranteed!
WORKS OFFLINE - Connection required only for images, voices and spell-check.
â€˘ Two incredible new premium Spanish voices (American Spanish)!
â€˘ Two incredible new premium Spanish voices (European Spanish)!
â€˘ Embedded Tutorial.
â€˘ Enter plurals, feminine forms or verb conjugations.
â€˘ Background color and font selection from among 19 different themes.
â€˘ â€śIntelligent Word List Displayâ€ť at the left of dictionary. Automatically identifies input language, plurals, feminine forms and Spanish verb conjugations, whether you type them with or without accent or even with a misplaced accent.
â€˘ Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag at the side.
â€˘ Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
â€˘ Phrasal Examples containing your search word. About 40,000 words in each language are cross-linked to more than 200,000 phrases & their translations.
With over 639,000 entries, 1.2 million translations, 2 million synonyms, and a huge collection of idiomatic expressions in both languages, this work constitutes currently the largest English-Spanish dictionary in existence, with the exception of our Unabridged Version. Internet required only for pronunciation and spelling suggestions.
â€˘ Conjugation of Spanish verbs, all persons & tenses. English verb conjugation coming soon!
â€˘ New high-quality voices added. Pronounces entries, definitions and examples in both languages.
â€˘ Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish.
â€˘ Covers American and British English.
â€˘ Innovative â€śScan Functionâ€ť for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
Dictionary Display includes:
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WMâ€™s â€śDescriptive Tagsâ€ť
- High-quality Voices, American, British and Spanish for entries and definitions
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification, indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default OFF.
- More than 60,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
â€˘ Dictionary includes some curiosities such as the following (and much more):
- 1,332 fish names & their translations
- 1,917 names of foods and dishes around the world & translations
- 8,248 names of famous historic characters
- 13,100 famous people of today in arts, movies, sports, politics, etc
- 10,672 geographical names, cites, countries, nationalities, etc.
- 4,255 names of largest corporations in the US and Europe
- 3,322 names of largest universities in the US and Europe
â€˘ Search History.
â€˘ Mark Favorite Words easily.
â€˘ Captions in English or Spanish determined by computer default language.
Voices powered by iSpeech.
November 22, 2012 Price Decrease: $7.99 -> $1.99
August 08, 2012 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
October 04, 2011 Initial Release