What's New* fine-tuned Streamer discovery
App DescriptionEngine Connect is an app designed for broadcasters to control Vizrt content from an iPad using multi-touch capabilities. As the use of presenter-controller graphics for TV is rapidly increasing, Engine Connect brings all the rendering power of Viz Engine™ to an iPad without sacrificing the quality of the rich media.
“The low latency between the creation of a frame on Viz Engine and it being displayed on the iPad coupled with a frame rate of up to 30fps defines Splashtop as the only solution for interactive Viz scenes on the iPad. Interactivity for news, sports and weather will reach a new level with Engine Connect!” -- Gerhard Lang, Chief Engineering Officer of Vizrt
Targeted for news, weather, and sports broadcasts in the studio, Engine Connect enables presenters to connect to and control interactive real-time animations and graphics on Viz Engine, a state-of-the-art real-time renderer for broadcasting. It complements Viz Engine by extending its powerful feature set to the iPad, such as multi-touch, scene selection, full control of in-scene animation and live-streamed video updates.
Engine Connect takes advantage of the award-winning Splashtop Remote technology to stream high-quality video and audio content from your computer, and allow you to interact with powerful desktop applications.
Engine Connect requires an existing Vizrt infrastructure and is not a standalone product.
Fast and Easy Setup:
* Requires a computer with an existing Vizrt infrastructure
* Install the free Splashtop Streamer on your computer - download from http://www.splashtop.com/streamer
* One-click access to your computer desktop with minimal setup
* Application automatically finds your configured local computers
* A computer with dual-core CPU strongly recommended for best performance
* Direct interaction with Viz Engine scenes using multi-touch gestures from an iPad
* Live, high-definition streaming of Viz Engine at up to 30fps to a full screen on the iPad
* Freedom for presenters to face the camera without turning to touch a display
* Ability for anchors to use graphics they select from anywhere in the studio with their iPad without going through the control room
* Useful telestration tool for virtual overlays and highlighting during sports analysis
DISCLAIMER: Engine Connect and Viz Engine are technologies designed for commercial broadcasting use, and not for personal home use...
January 26, 2012 New version 0.10.0.0
September 19, 2011 Initial Release