What's NewThis update addresses overall stability and performance issues including:
• Fixes an issue that caused an AirPlay dialog to repeatedly appear.
• Resolves performance issues when using plug-ins that provide frequent graphic feedback.
• Additional content downloads now behave correctly when installing on Lion and Mountain Lion.
This update is recommended for all users of Logic Pro 9.
App DescriptionLogic Pro 9 is a complete set of creative tools for any musician who wants to write, record, edit, and mix music. It comes with a massive collection of instruments, effects, and Apple Loops, making it easy to get amazing sounds and create amazing-sounding songs.
Made for musicians
• Get up and rolling fast with production-ready templates and one-step track setup
• Work fast with easy access to all tools and editing areas using a single-window interface
• Enhance your songs with over 15,000 Apple Loops in a wide range of instruments and genres
Plug-ins & sounds
• 40 built-in instruments including synths, vintage keyboards, a drum machine, sampler, and more
• 80 effects including reverbs, delays, EQs, dynamics, amps, stompboxes, and more
• Over 1700 sampled instruments for a rich variety of acoustic and electronic sounds
• 4500 professionally crafted settings to fuel your creativity
The ideal writing studio
• Always find the audio files and sounds you need using integrated content browsers
• Create your own sampler instruments instantly from any audio in your project
• Produce lead sheets or fully ornamented scores using a comprehensive set of notation tools
• Make composing a movie score easier than ever with advanced music-for-picture features
The ultimate way to record
• Record and seamlessly punch in and out of one or multiple tracks
• Keep takes and overdubs organized and easy to manage with take folders
• Document important details from musicians to microphones with Project and Track notes
• Use Beat Mapping to record without a click track and then conform to bars and beats later
Powerful tools for creative editing
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time features
• Build comps by selecting the best parts of each take using Quick Swipe Comping
• Correct the timing of audio recordings as easily as you do with MIDI using Audio Quantize
• Quickly render effects for a single region or an entire track using Bounce-in-Place
• Replace or double less-than-perfect drum tracks with just a few clicks using Drum Replacer
• Easily transfer setups and track content between projects using Selective Track Import
• Quickly apply fades and crossfades using region-based Click Zones
• Varispeed makes it simple to slow down or speed up an entire multitrack project
• Create huge projects using up to 255 audio, software instrument, and auxiliary channels
• Get creative with up to 15 plug-in inserts and 8 sends per channel
• Record automation for any channel strip or plug-in parameter on the fly
• Graphically view and edit automation for one or multiple parameters simultaneously
• Record, edit, and mix your projects in full surround, with up to 7.1 channels
• Use up to 32 Track Groups to more easily control multiple drum, vocal, or other related tracks
• Open GarageBand projects directly in Logic Pro
• Expand your instrument and effects library with any Audio Units compatible plug-in
• Use ReWire enabled applications like Reason and Live with Logic Pro
• Choose the audio interface that’s best for you, using any OS X Core Audio device
• Integrated third-party control surface support provides many options for hands-on control
• 64-bit support facilitates more RAM access for big projects and massive sampler instruments
• Multicore audio engine automatically distributes processing across all cores in your Mac
• Freeze Tracks temporarily renders tracks to free processing power for more new tracks
System Requirements: 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended), display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher, minimum 6GB of disk space. 19GB of optional content available via in-app download.
Features the original Logic project for the song "Helena Beat" by Foster the People.
October 25, 2012 New version 9.1.8
March 30, 2012 New version 9.1.7
December 08, 2011 Initial Release