- Fixed a bug that would cause the app to crash when attempting to purchase The Client
- Fixed an issue where note links would become inactive
- Corrected some typos within the notes
"Gorgeous… incredibly engaging, geeky and wickedly witty" – Wired.com's Geek Dad
Science heroes Ada Lovelace and Charles Babbage fight crime, clients, street-musicians and poetry in a gadget-filled steampunk Victorian London, in cult webcomic ‘The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage’. Now beautifully redrawn for the iPad, their adventures are accompanied by copious footnotes and hundreds of real-life historical documents and illustrations.
The app includes the FREE "Lovelace: The Origin", a graphical biography of Ada, Countess of Lovelace, daughter of notorious poet Lord Byron, and computer programmer before there *were* any computers. With extensive footnotes, and some very special historical objects included!
The app is part of Ada Lovelace Day 2011 (http://findingada.com) – an international day to celebrate the achievements of women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
– Try out ‘The Client’, a full-length adventure featuring Queen Victoria, the Duke of Wellington, the Duke of Wellington's horse, and astounding excerpts from the autobiography of Charles Babbage
– Discover a whole host of historical curiosities, facts and interesting tidbits
– Explore Victorian books, magazines and articles in a beautiful full-screen reader
– Delve into hundreds of Wikipedia articles, stored in the app for superfast offline reading
“Sheer genius… if I was not already married, I would propose to this comic. That's how much I love it.”
– Nick Harkaway, author of ‘The Gone-away World’
“One of the geekiest, funniest, most consistently intelligent and entertaining web comics being written these days.”
– Economist contributor G.F.
“Absolutely great online comic… a real treat.”
– The Times
– Bruce Sterling, author of ‘The Difference Engine’
- June 10, 2014 Initial release