Updated content and UI
DISCOVER THE REAL RHODES
Rhodes is an island endowed by nature, with endless kilometres of beaches, mountains covered by pines and cypresses, and plenty of water. Its greatest blessing is the sun: there are very few cloudy days, even during winter! The island is an open museum of Byzantine, Gothic, Turkish and Aegean architecture. The stories about the lost Colossus of Rhodes, the Knights, the Italians and Lindos fascinate all visitors. The unique atmosphere of the Medieval city make Rhodes the most popular destination in the Dodecanese.
The experience greece travel team created a unique application about the famous island that welcomes over a million visitors every year. A reliable, detailed, user-friendly and updated travel guide that helps you get acquainted with the history, the nature, the culture, the architecture, the attractions and the secrets of the island, which is one of the biggest in Greece. The texts are original and specially written for iPhone users.
• Rhodes was the number one tourist destination since the ancient times: Find out why!
• The most impressive architectural monument of Rhodes was built in the Middle Ages: It is the fortified Medieval City which was included in the list of World Heritage Sites of Unesco. Most buildings date from the 15th and 16th centuries. Follow us in a guided tour from the Gates, the Walls, the Road of the Knights and the “clubs”, to the squares, the churches, the mosques, the old market and the baths.
• Attractions: All the places you should visit on the island. The citadel of Rhodes (Monte Smith), Ialyssos and ancient Kamiros. Lindos: its history and its famous citadel. The modern town of Mandraki and the harbors. The beautiful Butterfly Valley, Epta Piges (7 Springs), Panagia Tsabika. Well known and unknown villages: Afantou, Embonas, Faliraki, Kamiros Skala, Kritinia, Salakos, Platania, Psinthos and many more. All the museums of the island.
• Discoveries: Find out about Apolakkia lake, Monolithos, the Turkish baths of the Old Town, Kallithea SPA, mount Profitis Ilias, Saint Paul’s church near Kattavia.
• The beaches from A-Z, in the East and the West coast. All the useful information about the facilities, water sports, beach bars.
• Activities: Scuba diving, horse riding, wind/kite surf, trekking. Also, our suggested routes for off road vehicles and motorcycles.
• Local tastes: Traditional Rhodian recipes, local products, wines, sweets and the famous local “souma” drink.
Also: More than 400 hotels by location of by category (luxury, boutique, family, mid-range, budget) with texts, photos and useful information, restaurants (gourmet, fish taverns, mezedopoleia etc.), bars, clubs, beach bars, galleries, shops, jewelries, gift shops, SPAs etc.
- June 17, 2014 Initial release
- December 03, 2014 New version 2.0.0