New more robust caching. Temporarily store a full book on your iOS device (within seconds) and then listen later without a WiFi or carrier signal. Also search for titles by Lexile. Bug fixes.
Tales2Go is a Netflix‐like service that streams thousands of name-brand audio book titles from leading publishers to desktops, laptops and mobile devices in the classroom and beyond. The company has innovated on both the delivery and business model of distributing audio books to schools, early childhood programs and parents, giving users instant, unlimited and simultaneous access to its catalog. Literacy experts have long understood hat children need to be good listeners in order to become good readers since proficient reading is a combination of listening comprehension (i.e. vocabulary and fluency) and decoding skills.
Award-winning app: EdTech Digest Cool Tool Award Finalist for Best Mobile App Solution (Elementary); eSchool Media Readers' Choice Award, Tillywig Brain Child Award, Parents’ Choice Gold Award, Mom's Choice Gold Award and NAPPA Gold Award, PTPA Media Award.
Try Tales2Go for FREE for 30 days. Titles range from fairytales to classics like Curious George Rides a Bike to popular series and characters such as Diary of a Wimpy Kid and 39 Clues.
After the initial free period, choose either a monthly recurring or annual subscription to maintain unlimited access to the library. Log-in and -out up to FIVE simultaneous users on each account to access Tales2Go from multiple devices. SAVE compared to the cost of purchasing and/or downloading individuals titles.
- "Tales2Go has had a huge impact on the the K-5 students in my school this year. Listening to books read by storytellers and actors serves as a model for how to read fluently and with expression. Tales2Go has also allowed struggling readers to access higher level texts in their reading classes. Students also improve their sight word vocabulary and comprehension when they listen to an audio book while following along in the print version of the book. Tales2Go has motivated students to read more and has helped students develop positive attitudes about reading." Cathy Potter, School Librarian, Falmouth, ME
- "Very Useful. I am a teacher and use this with my 4th Grade students. They love the variety of stories." jonathanwylie
- "A Mom Must-Have! My two boys (ages 7 and 9) love this app! We listen in the car as we travel, during dinner and before bed. Both the boys and I like the vast variety of stories to choose from and the fact it is so user-friendly" CuteBoyMom
- Tales2Go is a fantastic resource for Homeschool families. We love listening eveywhere, kitchen table, car and even in bed before bedtime. Love tales2go." R. Nichol
- "LOVE this app! As a special education teacher I really appreciate the ability to access audio books/stories for students. As a person I really love the flexibility to listen to books while I work, drive, and relax. This is a fantastic app." Jeubank
- "Great app! My whole family and I listened to Encylopedia Brown in the car today (what a blast from the past) and it worked perfectly. Lots of great content for all ages... I definitely recommend giving it a shot." whitemencantjump
1 Month Subscription for $9.99, automatically renewed until cancelled.
1 Year Subscription for $99.99, does not automatically renew.
SUBSCRIBERS' AUTOMATIC RENEWAL FEATURE: For all automatic renewal subscriptions, your credit card will be charged every month for another month's subscription until you change your preferences in your account settings.
- June 15, 2014 Initial release
- August 28, 2014 New version 4.1.1
- September 27, 2014 New version 4.1.3
- October 19, 2014 New version 4.1.4
- November 07, 2014 New version 4.1.5
- May 24, 2015 New version 4.2