What's NewUpdated Ratings
App DescriptionAre you planning a hospital stay in the future for yourself or someone you love? Get some peace of mind with Consumer Reports Hospital Ratings app. The app provides clear Ratings across the U.S. in a number of areas based on survey responses from millions of patients, plus data on infections and readmissions.
The Ratings are based on how well hospitals perform in a number of areas that fall under two major categories:
- Patient experience: Describes patients’ overall hospital experience, as well as specific experiences with pain control, doctor and nurse communication, thoroughness of explanations on drugs and discharge, and room cleanliness and quietness.
- Patient outcomes: Includes information about a hospital’s rate of bloodstream and surgical-site infections, as well as the chance that heart-attack, heart-failure, and pneumonia patients have of being readmitted to the hospital within 30 days of discharge.
- Search for hospitals nearest to you, by zip code, by state or by name.
- Research and compare hospitals by their specific Ratings Report Cards across a variety of areas.
- Know before you go with Consumer Report’s guides and videos from the experts about how to choose a hospital, as well as a hospital survival guide
- Share with friends/family via email or post to Facebook and/or Twitter Got feedback (both good and bad) or questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Consumers Union (CU) is an expert, independent, nonprofit organization whose mission is to work for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves. To maintain its independence and impartiality, CU accepts no outside advertising and no free samples and employs several hundred mystery shoppers and technical experts to buy and test the products it evaluates.
April 30, 2012 New version 1.4
January 25, 2012 New version 1.3
November 30, 2011 New version 1.2
October 25, 2011 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
September 21, 2011 New version 1.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release