Version 3.0.0 update includes :
- Added new spelling lists.
- Updated for iOS8.
- Ability to now more easily delete old reports.
- Volume default adjusted and other improvements based on user feedback.
- Improvements to Introduction and GUI.
- Fixed a few minor issues.
- New icon.
- Placed 2nd in the 2011 Best App Ever Awards
- TheiPhoneMom Approved - 'If "tremendous" was a Dolch sight word then you would find it in Simplex Spelling HD and it would be right at home because this is a tremendous spelling app!'
- AppsforHomeschooling (earned 5/5 and a Golden App award) - "Simplex Spelling HD uses incredibly rich, educationally sound, and powerful tools to teach high frequency words."
- "Applicable2U has explored a number of spelling applications, and this is the best one yet."
- Technology in (Spl) Education - "Simplex Spelling – If you have Spelling Goals in your IEP, then this [is] the app for you."
- Kids Apps Awards (earned 5/5 and an Education Award)
- BestAppsForKids (4.5/5 editors choice) "one of the best spelling apps (maybe the best) in the app store at the moment."
- Mobile iEducator (4.5/5)
- Muslim Friendly Apps (Rated a Gold Apple)
- CrazyMikesApps (4.5/5)
- iPadAppsReviewer (4.5/5)
- The Daily App Show Featured App - “If you are looking for a great spelling app, feature packed for your iPad, Simplex Spelling HD is your app.”
- PadGadget Recommended (4/5)
- CommonSenseMedia (4/5)
- Lunchbox Reviews (5/5)
- Featured by Apple in "New & Noteworthy", "What's Hot" and "Grammar & Vocabulary"
- Editor's Pick Best10Apps
Simplex Spelling improves English spelling and reading skills in a fun and interactive way by combining a unique “reverse phonics” approach with contextually relevant spelling rules that explain why words are spelled in a particular manner. It works like a personal spelling coach with every word.
Simplex Spelling HD teaches the Dolch sight words to establish a base foundation in spelling and reading fluency.
Please check out the word lists on our website before purchasing to ensure they meet your learning requirements http://www.pyxwise.com/sswordlists.html
Rather than using flash cards, Simplex Spelling enables the student to build each word. Students gain skills above and beyond the sheer memorization of words.
Simplex Spelling is great tool to have for kids learning to spell and read, remedial students, or those learning English as a second language.
Recommended for ages 5+.
Note: You can not create your own spelling lists in Simplex Spelling HD.
- All of the more than 300 Dolch Sight words to help build literacy.
- Words are spoken and used in a sentence to establish context.
- Introduction seamlessly leads a student through the application’s features by providing spoken information while having the student spell new words.
- Powerful phonics hint feature sounds out each word and provides a list of possible phonograms for each sound.
- A full “reverse phonics” approach that includes sounds made by all the different letter combinations.
- Contextually relevant spelling rule hints that help explain “how to spell” English words.
- Unique letter by letter feedback system that provides immediate feedback.
- Guaranteed success on every word.
- Support for multiple user accounts.
- User stats screen that allows you to see words that have been mastered and words that require further practice.
- Export & email student progress reports.
- Remembers each user’s position and progress.
- Supports both upper and lower case letters.
- Supports both alphabetic and QWERTY keyboard layouts.
- Supports both US, UK and Canadian English spelling.
- An approach that appeals to audio, visual and tactile learners.
- Does not contain 3rd party ads
- Does not share any data
- Does not contain In-App purchases
- Does not link to social media
- Contains in app links to view a safe enclosed version of the developer's website for additional information, support and teaching tips.
- Contains links to "email the developer questions" and rate the app
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- January 27, 2015 New version 3.0.0