An Important Note about Ness:
- Ness has recently been acquired by OpenTable
- To support OpenTable specific initiatives, we will be shutting down the Ness app on Monday, April 21st
- Look for Ness related updates in the OpenTable app coming down the road
Thank you for using our product and for your feedback and suggestions!
See Below for More Details:
On February 6 of this year Ness was acquired by OpenTable. This marks the beginning of an exciting new chapter for the Ness team and the recommendation technology we’ve worked hard to build over the past few years.
With OpenTable we’ll be able to not only help people find great restaurants, we’ll also be able to help restaurants get to better know their customers and find new ways to make dining out a delightful experience.
As a result, the Ness app and website will be discontinued as the team focuses on bringing the Ness technology to OpenTable’s products. Ness will stop functioning on Monday, April 21. If you’d like to export your ratings, reviews, and lists, please let us know.
On behalf of our entire team, we want to thank you for using our product and for the feedback and suggestions so many of you provided along the way.
Ness instantly recommends restaurants based on the kinds of places you like, what you're in the mood for, and who else you’re with. Just like you discover music with Pandora or movies with Netflix, Ness learns your tastes as you rate, save, and dismiss restaurants, then finds new places you'll love. Selected by Apple as an "App Store Best of 2012" and Editor's Choice in 2013, and powered by over 6,500,000 ratings from Ness users, Ness is the fastest way to get restaurant recommendations for you, not the crowd.
What makes Ness different:
Get immediate recommendations based on the kinds of places you like, what you're in the mood for, where you are, and who else you're with
Ness learns what you like – and what you don't – to recommend the best restaurants for you
Easily adjust Who, What, When, and Where to find the right place for any situation
Swipeable recommendation cards give you a quick sense for each restaurant
- Search with other Ness users to get recommendations for where to go together
- Save your favorites - or new restaurants to try - to custom lists
- Make reservations via OpenTable
- Read reviews and see average ratings from other Ness users
- View restaurant menus, browse Instagram photos, view hours of operation, get directions and more
- Connect with Facebook or Foursquare and see where your friends have been
- See your top rated places by city or cuisine, and compare tastes with your friends
With over 600,000 restaurants across the US, your next lunch, dinner, coffee and more awaits.
Ness - Follow your tastes.
Ness is currently United States only.
- August 26, 2011 Initial release
- September 27, 2011 New version 1.0.3
- October 04, 2011 New version 1.0.4
- December 09, 2011 New version 1.1
- January 19, 2012 New version 1.2
- January 25, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- February 02, 2012 New version 1.2.2
- May 04, 2012 New version 1.3
- May 24, 2012 New version 1.3.1
- July 03, 2012 New version 1.3.2
- July 13, 2012 New version 1.3.3
- July 26, 2012 New version 1.4
- August 16, 2012 New version 1.5
- September 19, 2012 New version 1.5.1
- September 24, 2012 New version 1.5.2
- November 06, 2012 New version 1.5.3
- December 21, 2012 New version 1.6
- January 10, 2013 New version 1.6.1
- January 26, 2013 New version 1.6.2
- January 30, 2013 New version 1.6.3
- February 23, 2013 New version 1.6.4
- March 02, 2013 New version 1.6.5
- April 18, 2013 New version 2.0
- May 10, 2013 New version 2.0.1
- May 16, 2013 New version 2.0.2
- June 18, 2013 New version 2.1
- June 28, 2013 New version 2.1.1
- July 22, 2013 New version 2.2
- July 24, 2013 New version 2.2.1
- August 10, 2013 New version 2.2.2
- August 31, 2013 New version 2.3
- September 19, 2013 New version 2.4
- October 06, 2013 New version 2.4.1
- November 21, 2013 New version 2.5
- December 20, 2013 New version 2.6
- February 19, 2014 New version 2.7
- March 21, 2014 New version 2.7.1