148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: TRAVEL FOCUSED :: Read Our Full Review >>
Travel blogging functionality that's simple to use and effective.
What's NewMinor menu reorganization.
Minor bug fixes.
App DescriptionHipGeo v3 is a major update to the HipGeo user experience -- Based on community feedback our redesign provides a more streamlined, media rich user experience and iPhone5 support. We hope you enjoy the new look!
Record, Blog and Share your Adventures! Featured in TechCrunch, Mashable, Gigaom and more...
Seamlessly create and share videos, photos, text and mapamations while automatically creating a timeline of all of your amazing moments.
What makes HipGeo so great?
* Record Everything! - Video, Photos, Photo Effects, Notes, Places, Routes, HipGeo can capture it all!
* Share Anything! - Share to Facebook, Twitter, Email as much or little as you want. Seamless sharing to your Facebook timeline as well.
* Easy To Use - But not limited. HipGeo has powerful tools if you want them.
* Beyond Mobile - HipGeo automatically creates a beautiful, customizable web blog as you travel to share with your non-mobile friends and family.
* Works In Remote Areas - HipGeo automatically stores and uploads your posts when a network is available.
* WiFi Only Mode - Save your data plan! HipGeo will upload only on WiFi if you want.
* Capture Your Routes - Sometimes the adventure is not where you went, but how you get there. HipGeo can automatically capture your route as well as the places you go.
* Spontaneous - Share those spontaneous moments to your blog and your friends even if it's not part of a trip.
* Flexible - Use the HipGeo trip feature to gather your moments into a single beautiful presentation. Create your trip before, during or after it actually happened.
* Amazing Travel Animations - HipGeo will play back your adventure as a slide show with map animations.
* Bulk Upload - Got Photos? HipGeo will bulk post in the past from the camera roll. GeoTagged photos will be placed in your timeline when and where they were taken.
* Explore Other Adventures! - Live vicariously through other travelers or find cool stuff near you.
* Really Free - No need to pay extra to get all the cool features.
* Full Website - Access and edit your blog with powerful editing and posting tools from the web.
* NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
People are talking:
"Most Promising Travel Tech for 2012" --Deborah Dunn, Conde´ Nast Traveler
"HipGeo has created an iPhone app...that’s more than we deserve. It’s the next generation of location and sharing and blogging all in one and it’s so easy to use..." --Jennifer Hicks, Forbes
"HipGeo iPhone app is a smarter, quicker way to catalog your travels...Being able to see a mapped collage of your trips is pretty cool." --Dan Kricke, Appliciouos,
"6 Apps Worth Downloading This Week" --Sarah Kessler, Mashable
"The app offers a unique and snazzy interface that is designed to let mobile users post text, places, and photos that are recorded, organized, and displayed around a user’s travels... some of the best features of services with which we’re already familiar...Facebook...Path...Banjo." --Rip Empson, TechCrunch
"What the team has built is remarkable... Almost every screen in the app impressed me with the thoughtfulness of the features..." --Marshall Kirkpatrick, ReadWriteWeb
"HipGeo, contender to lead the next generation of location-based social services..." --Jon Mitchell, ReadWriteWeb
"HipGeo is like a Twitter-Instagram-Tumblr app wrapped into one. I've seen a lot of travel apps and this one is the first one I'm excited about. It's very polished." --Mike Richard, Vagabondish.com
"HipGeo makes keeping track of your trips easy, since it's mostly just happening in the background while you're moving around and generally being a tourist." -- Erica Ogg, GigaOm
NY Times, LA Times, Forbes, TechCrunch, Mashable, Wall Street Journal, Gigaom, ReadWriteWeb, RCR Wireless, Appolicious, Gadling
February 17, 2013 New version 3.03
February 10, 2013 New version 3.0.2
January 18, 2013 New version 3.0.1
January 10, 2013 New version 3.0
September 02, 2012 New version 2.1.2
August 10, 2012 New version 2.1.1
August 15, 2011 Initial Release