This release improves the overall performance and reliability, and fixes bugs.
- Revised startup alert in case of invalid installation outside of the Applications folder.
- Memory management.
- Overall performance and reliability.
- Further minor improvements.
- Crash (caused by ShortcutRecorder framework) after changing the system appearance.
DEVONagent Lite puts web search to where it belongs: next to Spotlight into your menu bar. Search all major and many specialized search engines and databases with a single click.
Search the web like with spotlight:
DEVONagent Lite adds a web search field to your menu bar. All major search engines always at your service. Its global keyboard shortcut saves you even that click.
Just click DEVONagent Lite's menu bar icon, or press its keyboard shortcut, and start typing instead of switching to your browser, opening a new window, and clicking the search field first. Hit Return and DEVONagent Lite opens the search results in your default browser.
Use the best engine for the job:
General-purpose search engines are great for general questions but often it's better to ask the right people who really know.
Choose your search engine of choice from the magnifying glass pop-up menu to directly search in developer resources, blogs, dictionaries, directories, discussion lists, legal or medical databases, news, or reference sites such as Wikipedia. Find Facebook profiles, tweets, or images without deviation.
Supported search engines categories:
- General purpose
- Apple- and Mac-related (e.g. App Store, MacUpdate)
- Computer science
- Dictionaries (e.g. Wiktionary)
- Educational resources
- Images and videos (e.g. YouTube, Flickr)
- References (e.g. Wikipedia)
- Social networking (e.g. Facebook Profiles, Twitter)
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- July 25, 2014 New version 3.8.1
- September 16, 2015 New version 3.9.2