Thank you for using ibisPaint X!
The summary of this update is below.
[New Features And Improved Points]
- Supported with iOS 9.
- Added the pressure sensitivity function by 3D Touch.
* This function is available only on devices of supporting the pressure sensitivity such as iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. You can disable this function on Settings.
- Supported with a new digital stylus: Bamboo Fineline 2 of Wacom Co. Ltd.
- Improved to be able to select the Ruler of away place easily during Ruler selection.
- Changed the position of Brush/Eraser switching button to the toolbar on iPad.
[Fixed Bugs And Problems]
- Fixed a bug that Smudge tool and Blur tool doesn't work if Stroke Stabilizer is enabled or Drawing tool is Line.
- Fixed a bug that an error occurs on Canvas screen if Blend modes of color system are selected at a clipping layer.
- Fixed a problem that the quality of Dip Pen(Hard) is bad.
- Fixed a bug that the position of Wacom stylus is deviated.
- Fixed a bug that the Ruler becomes uncontrollable if the thumb of Ruler is in the top of the screen.
- Fixed a bug that a picture in a speed-painting movie of a square artwork is stretched.
- Fixed a problem that the quality of composing layers is bad if Blend mode of a source layer is not Normal and the opacity of pixels of a destination layer is not 100%.
- Fixed a bug that Force Fading function makes a differences of a thickness of lines which thickness is less than 1.0px.
- Fixed many bugs that the direction of an artwork is different on playing.
- Fixed many bugs that the direction of Ruler tool is different.
- Fixed a bug that Ruler tool is displayed on uploading even if the movie type is "View Fixation".
- Fixed a bug that Redo button of the toolbar of Full Screen mode is unavailable on iPad.
- Fixed a bug that digital styluses can't operate Ruler tool.
- Fixed a bug that Redo doesn't work by a button of digital styluses.
- Fixed a bug that the app can't load a gray scale image.
- Fixed stability problems.
The ibisPaint X is an app based on the concept of social drawing, it allows you to publish the drawing process so you can share the joy of drawing with everyone.
- An easy to use app that allows you to enjoy expressing yourself through drawings.
- Feel the smoothness of drawing, and enjoy fast functionality.
- Upload videos of how you drew your artwork.
- Share the URL of your artwork on Twitter and Facebook.
- Download other people's artwork.
*Differences between ibisPaint and ibisPaint X
ibisPaint X has ads.
If you purchase the In-App upgrade, the ads will disappear and there will no longer be any difference with ibisPaint.
The ability to record yourself drawing and to share the video is not the only great feature, ibisPaint X also has a full suite of drawing functions.
- Smooth drawing at up to 60 fps.
- 32 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes and flat brushes.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick slider that allows the quick adjustment of brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush preview.
- As many layers as your device's memory will allow (depending on the device and canvas size).
- Layer modes such as individual layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
[Area Selection Functions]
- 256 grades of selection for each pixel (selection layer).
- Selection area inversion, moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Brushes that change depending on the selection area, fill function, layer duplication, layer catenation, layer moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- 30 colors saved on the palette, or select any colors you want from the color wheel using HSB or RGB.
- Drag and drop to the color palette to save.
- Tap and hold Color Picker.
[Overall Drawing Functions]
- Undo/redo over 100 steps with the undo and redo functions (stored in free memory).
- Brush, Eraser, Smudge, Blur, Fill, and Color Picker.
*Blur not supported on iPad(1st), iPhone3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch(3rd/4th).
- Smooth zoom (70%-4000%).
[Supported Digital Styluses]
- Wacom Bamboo Fineline 2
- Wacom Bamboo Stylus fineline
- Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus 2
- Cregle iPen 2
- Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus
- HEX3 JaJa
- Ten One Design Pogo Connect
- Ten One Design Pogo Connect 2
- Cregle iPen
- e-pens mobile notes for iPad
- MVPen EN309i
- Yifang Digital A-pen
[Functions for Enjoying Drawings]
- "My Gallery" function that lets you enjoy your own artwork.
- Replay yourself drawing (with adjustable replay speed).
- Export replay videos (mov) and captures (png) to the photo library with the export function. (Videos can be saved after uploading).
- Encoding and uploading functions.
- Share the URL of your artwork on Twitter and Facebook.
- Push notifications for comments on your artwork.
- Download other people's artwork (vector file).
- Enjoy other people's artwork in "Local Gallery".
- Import and export vector files to PC and/or Mac using USB file transfer.
* A Twitter and/or Facebook account is required to upload, encode, and download artworks.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibisPaint support.
- June 08, 2014 Initial release
- June 11, 2014 New version 3.0.3
- July 21, 2014 New version 3.1.0
- September 20, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- October 25, 2014 New version 3.1.5
- November 08, 2014 New version 3.1.6
- November 27, 2014 New version 3.1.7
- January 17, 2015 New version 3.1.8
- March 24, 2015 New version 3.2.0
- April 23, 2015 New version 3.2.1
- May 01, 2015 New version 3.2.2
- July 09, 2015 New version 3.3.0
- July 25, 2015 New version 3.3.2
- August 18, 2015 New version 3.4.0
- September 26, 2015 New version 3.5.0