What's NewAdded more tutorials including:
- iTunes in the cloud and iTunes Match
- Adding Guest Accounts
- iChat and screen sharing in iChat
- Desktop Pictures and Screen savers
Also Categorized videos and made the window resizable
App DescriptionIf you want to learn more about your Mac or are new to to Lion, this tutorial is for you!
- Over 160 five-star ratings. Includes over 4 1/2 hours of video!
***** "Excellent product. He has a gift of explaining things clearly and simply."
***** "Simply outstanding"
***** "Must-have tutorial for Mac beginners"
***** "I had no idea all the things I could do."
***** "Fantastic! Easy to follow, pleasant voice, knowledgeable, good teacher. Definitely a winner!"
***** "This is the best, straight forward, I get it, I can do it, fully informative tutorial I have seen in ages."
***** "Noteboom puts out the best tutorials. Dan has the gift of teaching so clearly."
Learn how to control Apple's operating system OS X Lion with Tutor for Lion. This video tutorial includes 51 videos totaling over 4 1/2 hours. Apple has introduced over 250 new features in Lion and we go over the major ones including iCloud, Mission Control, Launchpad, Airdrop, Mail's new features, iTunes Match, Guest Accounts, how to troubleshoot your Mac, as well as general Mac concepts including sharing your music with iTunes, using iPhoto, using the Dashboard, adding parental controls, burning disks, and more! We also cover the major changes you will see if you are coming from a Windows computer. See how easy it is to use your Macintosh.
Concepts covered include:
- Major differences between PC and Mac.
- Add and delete items from the window sidebar.
- Add and delete applications, files, and folders from the dock.
- Saving your documents where you what them saved, not where the computer wants them saved.
- See all the different ways to move your files and folders.
- Getting the most out of Mission Control and Spaces.
- Search your computer with Spotlight.
- How the Mail application can be your friend.
- Burn disk with Burn Folders.
- Where downloads are saved.
- The four different ways to install applications.
- How to delete applications.
- Add a 'Tape' to the Calculator so you can see history.
- Share your media with other iTune users on your network.
- Find information fast by using the Dashboard.
- Adding and deleting printers and what printer options you have.
- Setting your computer up with multiple users.
- Adding parental controls to different accounts on your computer.
- What different security options you have.
- The best way to back up your computer.
- What non-Apple applications are a must have.
- Take control of your computer!
Mac OS X Terminology and Interface
- Coming from Windows to Lion
- Coming from Snow Leopard to Lion
- Working with the Dock
- Finder and the Finder Window
- OS X Folders
- Using Gestures
- Mission Control and Spaces
Working with Files and Folders
- Saving Files, Versions, and Resume-
- Copying, Moving, and Grouping Items
- Deleting Files and the Trash
- Opening Recent Items
- Searching with Spotlight
Working with Applications
- Applications and the Launchpad
- Full Screen Applications
- Installing Applications
- Uninstalling Applications
OS X Lion Applications
- Using the Address Book
- Managing Events in iCal
- Working with Photos
- Using the Mail Application
- Organizing and Sharing with iTunes
- iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match
- Surfing with Safari
- Downloading Files
- Using iChat
- Using the Calculator
- Using the Dashboard
Working with System Preferences
- System Preferences
- Desktop Pictures and Screen Savers
- Printing and Scanning
- Multiple Users
- Creating a Guest Account
- Parental Controls
- Security and Privacy
- Burning and Erasing CD's and DVD's
- Sharing Files with Airdrop
- Screen Sharing between Computers
Backing Up with Time Machine
4 Must Have Apps
Get the most out of your Macintosh and Lion with this Video Tutorial!
Don't forget to check out our other tutorials... just search for "Noteboom Productions".
May 26, 2012 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
May 13, 2012 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
December 22, 2011 New version 1.6
July 20, 2011 Initial Release