App DescriptionSnap a picture and 3M Photo HotSpot will show you which areas of the image will capture attention. Within seconds, Photo Hotspot analyzes your photo looking for key elements that are known to attract the eye. Results are displayed in a heatmap format such that "Hot spots" (reds and yellows) identify areas that are likely to get attention. Cold spots (blues) are not going to get noticed.
- See which of your friends stands out the most in a crowd
- Compare multiple outfits for an event or party
- What do people notice when they look at your house?
- How’s your garden design working out?
- Determine the effectiveness of a poster or presentation
Did you know that almost half of your brain's processing power is dedicated to deciphering what your eyes see? 3M Photo HotSpot is based on decades of Vision Science research. Hotspot analyzes images by identifying key visual elements that are known to attract the attention of the human visual system. Color, contrast, faces, shapes and edges are evaluated and used to predict visual tendencies (where a person is most likely to look).
Photo HotSpot makes it easy to share results:
- Post images to Facebook
- Send a TwitPic
- Email results to friends and family
Try it for yourself and witness the power and utility of predictive vision science!
First five images are free. $1.99 for an additional 10 images.
August 09, 2011 Initial Release