● Added a new category with 3 new words: "Numbers"
-15 words of numbers (1 to 15) through in app and in the Pro Version
● Removed the Sound FX and added words of positive reinforcement when a word is completed
● Minor improvements and optimisations
Welcome to "First Words for Kids", the ultimate first words educational app that uses Synthetic Phonics. "First Words for Kids" includes 42 words in 5 categories Animals, Vehicles, Shapes n Colours, Household Items and Numbers (it can get up too 121 words through in app purchases). The three different hint alternatives (color hints, letter hints and color and letter hints) combined with five more settings, will challenge your child and helps you fine tune the level of difficult. The unique interface, featuring a list of thumbnails, allows your child to explore all words and will offer endless hours of fun and education.
Featured by Apple on the US App Store in two categories Games/Educational and Games/Kids.
"First Words for Kids" introduces a unique way of assisting children to learn reading through Synthetic Phonics, by linking the individual letter and letter combinations with its appropriate sound and effectively demonstrating the blending of sounds to achieve word pronunciation.
There are two setting levels available:
1. “Synthetic Phonics Basic”: Is aimed in introducing Synthetic Phonics to children. Simple words are only presented and children are introduced to blending (drawing individual sounds together to pronounce a word) with basic phonemes (the smallest single identifiable sound).
2. “Synthetic Phonics Advanced”: Words and letter sounds of greater complexity are introduced that include graphemes (a group of letters representing one sound), digraphs (two letters making one sound which is different from the sound either can make alone) and letters that have more than one sounds.
● Learn letter sounds through two levels of synthetic phonics and letter names.
● Learn the words and how to spell.
● Learn to recognize letters (upper and lowercase) and match them to words.
● Unique navigation that allows the child to explore all the animals.
● Tap the image of the animal to discover its sound and learn its name.
● User interface specifically developed for children fingers.
● Engaging and colorful artwork with amazing sound effects and animations
● Studio recording of letters, words and spelling.
● Three different hint alternatives (color hints, letter hints and color and letter hints.)
● 42 words in 5 categories Animals, Vehicles, Shapes n Colours, Household Items and Numbers (it can get up too 121 words through in app purchases).
● Six different settings to increase difficulty as children learn.
● Special alert reminding you to switch to Flight Mode (in iPhone only).
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
We follow the "Know what's inside" best practices for kids' apps, set by MOMs with Apps.
At ReadnLearn your children's privacy and safety is our priority that is why our app:
◇ Does not collect/share any user's personally identifiable information.
◇ Does not contain Social Network Integration or other Social Features.
◇ Does not contain ads.
◇ Contains In-App Purchases for additional content that are purchased once.
◇ Contains "Feedback" and "Tell a Friend" buttons, behind a parental gate.
◇ Contains a "More Games" button and corresponding page, behind a parental gate.
For more information please visit: readnlearn.com/#privacy
At ReadnLearn we love what we do, developing fun and educational applications for children. We are a passionate and committed small team of parents, who are graphics artists and developers. Our team is supported by educators and our own children, our awesome beta testing team!
If you have any comments, suggestions, or feedback please email us at [email protected]
Visit us: readnlearn.com
Like us: www.facebook.com/ReadnLearnApps
Follow us: www.twitter.com/ReadnLearnApps
- June 18, 2014 Initial release
- August 28, 2014 New version 4.0
- October 15, 2014 New version 4.1
- November 02, 2015 New version 4.2
- November 11, 2015 New version 4.2.1
- January 13, 2016 New version 4.3
- February 20, 2016 New version 4.3.2
- November 09, 2016 New version 4.4