o Quizzes! Our app now features our popular quizzes testing your knowledge on pop-culture, literature, science, and more!
o Over 65,000 articles are available for free and users can get access to 100% of the content in an ad-free experience for a $14.99 annual subscription.
o iOS 9 compatibility
o Various usability updates
The complete Encyclopaedia Britannica - the world’s most trusted reference source, enhanced for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
“Especially for students, or anyone who values what Britannica has to offer, I found the new Britannica iPad app to be a pleasing, easy way to navigate through a large body of knowledge.”
- Walt Mossberg, All Things Digital
*Search & Browse:
Over 80,000 articles – expertly written and thoroughly fact-checked – on everything from A-Rod to Zebras. Our contributors include over 100 Nobel Laureates plus subject gurus like Bill Clinton, Tony Hawk, and Desmond Tutu.
Photographs, diagrams, and charts help bring each topic to life.
*Test Your Knowledge with “Quizzes”:
Our app now features our popular quizzes testing your knowledge on pop-culture, literature, science, and more!
“LinkMap” lets you explore each article with a dynamic view of related topics.
“My Britannica” keeps track of your favorite articles and more.
Free to download. Over 65,000 articles are available for free and users can get access to 100% of the content in an ad-free experience for a $14.99 annual subscription.
- Length of subscription: 1 Year
- Price of subscription: $14.99
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
- January 11, 2013 Initial release
- May 23, 2013 New version 1.3
- September 19, 2013 New version 1.4
- April 01, 2014 New version 1.5
- January 09, 2016 New version 2.0